Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay so about a week ago my 4 wheeler just died. the key lights stop working and everything so i figured it was the ignition switch so after searching for awhile i finally figured out how to bypass the ignition switch and did so and voila i have power going to my lights on my dashboard, however when i went to start it up all i got was 3-4 clicks coming from the solenoid, so then i unhooked the bypass but in the process i accidentally touched the wires with ones that i wasnt suppose to and lost the power to the dashboard so i checked the 20 amp fuse right next to the solenoid and that was shot so i jumped that connection and 2nd voila i have power to the dashboard once again so after hitting the start button a few times and getting the 4-5 clicks from the solenoid lost the lights once again and i have no spark whatsoever either, so i even tried jumping the contacts on the solenoid and nothing so i pulled out my trusty repair manual and it said that to ohm check the solenoid which i did and it says anything higher then 3.4 it should be replaced and it was at 10. something . have u ever seen this problem with a bad solenoid just cutting all power from everything.
THANKS IN ADVANCE
RUBEN

1 - 1 of 1 Posts