Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Been there a couple of times on my old 400EX, but not yet on the 570.
We'll try to get there next year again. Fun place to ride.

·
Premium Member
1,221 Posts
Had a great time at badlands this week. Me and my buddy had the whole park (800 acres) to ourselves. This was our first time ever recording so video isn't edited or trimmed.

https://youtu.be/0zM0nR8nQ38
I've trimmed first clip in over a year, and I can say is much easier and faster to post full video... I see you guys like puddles :D I', not the biggest fun of... look at this one : lost my camera in one of them... it is from last friday...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Love it all haha. We had 5 or 6 videos from the day. Just one of the better ones in my opinion. Hoping to go ride again the week before Christmas. Wanted to go to the cliffs on Tuesday but I guess they are only open on weekends.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I've never been there. Is there a decent section of trails that are pretty flat and level? I have a couple kids and am looking for a place they could buzz around on their little 50 and 90 cc Etons? Most of the little local area's near me have creeks/mud that their machines won't get through.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
For those of us not familiar with where you are talking about....where is the badlands????

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Attica,Indiana
Link in post #6

·
Premium Member
1,272 Posts
Great video. Looks my type of riding. Nice having the place to yourself. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
2,977 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
I definitely like badlands.. However it depends on your riding style we've been 4 times this year and it's about the only place in Indiana that has sand.. Thr trails i would call mild to medium skill level for 80 percent of the park , there is plenty of stuff to keep everyone entertained, We take the wife and kids because there is always a easier route around most obsticals, my other Choice is Haspin Acres it's about a toss up between the two, haspin is alot more technical and steep rocky hills, I find it challenging and it'll test your and your machines abilities Vandal haspin would be a couple hours closer if you ever decide to head up this way shoot me a PM,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I haven't been to haspin yet. I would agree with everything you said about badlands though.

Wanting to hit cliffs, haspin, and redbird in the next few months

·
Registered
316 Posts
I have also been told that Badlands is a little more "family friendly" then Haspen Acres. I know for a fact that things can get wild at Haspen, lost of drinking, partying, etc. I think that Badlands does not allow alcohol etc. During the week Haspen is pretty mild but things can get crazy there on the weekends. Some people don't mind that, other's don't want anything to do with it, your mileage may vary.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Haspin does not condone drinking or riding after dark however they let you camp anywhere in the park and they to my knowledge don't "police"the area after dark, I have heard of some after-hours parties and there is a Bra tree lol.... last time we were there there was a old army truck that drove around and pulled a wreck out of a deep crevis and parked the truck on it and it looked like they were having a pretty good time lol, but leave the kids at home unless your confident about their riding skills, and be sure you have a winch and you'll have a good time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,272 Posts
Go there the weekend after Father's day, it's Trikefest. Very interesting to say the least. Mainly 3 wheelers there. It's a blast but we don't stay on the property overnight. Lots of drunken festivities that go on mainly after dark. But, many don't discriminate, some go on during the day too. And, the river is a bathing ground for many who spend the entire week there camping. Interesting to say the least.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
214 Posts
Thanks for the video. I was thinking North Dakota when you said Badlands. Either they all have badlands or its one huge park...idk.

What Camera(s) models did you use?

Looks like alot of fun.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That was a gopro hero 4 silver. my buddy got it the day before we went. I was trying to figure out how to set it up on the way down to attica lol. After filming that day I've been looking into getting a camera myself. It's pretty cool to show the family and friends what they are missing out on when they don't go lol ��

·
Premium Member
1,221 Posts
I've trimmed some of mine ... now when I've got my computer upgraded, I can make some better clips :arco: looking forward for some more... SPRING RIDE is behind the corner ! don't miss it ! :call: "ruff mich an" :call2:, whenever you go / I'll check my calendar...
https://youtu.be/KttxQjQ841I

1 - 20 of 20 Posts