Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone I just thought I would throw my two cents in here. I've seen a lot of threads about people trying to decide on a winch. I decided to go with the badlands 3000lbs winch from harbor freight. It was $116 with a coupon and I gotta say I'm impressed. Install was pretty simple and straightforward. They give you everything you need to install it minus the mount of course. The only issue was putting the contractor on. I had to get a little strip of metal and attach the contractor box to it then attach that to the radiator support. It's a tight fit so you can get it without touching the radiator but its easily doable. They Los give you a handlebar rocker as well as a wired remote. I just zip tied that plug to the a-arm until I find a better spot for it. The winch is very smooth and quiet and seems like its made pretty darn well for the price. I used a KFI mount and it just slid in. Anyways I thought I would just throw that out there for anyone wanting to not spend a fortune on the winch.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just got a chance to use this last weekend. Just gotta say that it's a champ. Had it completely underwater and it pulled me out. Highly recommend it

·
Registered
156 Posts
I just replaced my 2nd crapped out Venom winch for a Badlands 2000lb unit, $55 with coupon, couldnt pass it up!! My buddy has run the same model on his Sportsman 500 for two seasons now and its still chuggin along, i hope to have the same luck. I wouldve liked to have been able to swing the 3000lb'er but $55 was just too sweet of a deal. Keep us posted on its durability!

Joe

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Just got my online super coupon from harbor freight and they have the 2000lb in there again at $54.99. Going to grab one for the trailer and/or a spare for when one goes to crap like last weekend in the group.

·
Registered
294 Posts
A buddy put one on his Ranger and is very impressed. They have the 5000 for $149.99 right now and I am considering getting one for the Foreman. I have the clearance and it would be a good idea since I usually pull everybody out.

Sent from the dam phone using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
294 Posts
Also, the wireless remote for the bigger winches works on the 5000. Which is always a nice upgrade.

Sent from the dam phone using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
It is about 2.5" wider

1 - 10 of 10 Posts