Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a Badlands 3500lb winch for Christmas. I've searched the web for which mounting plate I should use. This will be my first winch install and I want to buy the right plate. Do all 3500lb winches use the same mounting plate or are they brand specific?? By the way I have a '13 Sportsman XP 850. Thanks for any info you can share.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I have the 3000 lbs badlands winch and used a kfi mount. Bolted on nice and easy. I did shorten some of the cables going to the battery but was real easy. Think I got mine from amazon for like $40. Good luck and merry Christmas!

2013 Sportsman 550 pursuit camo

Badlands 3000lbs winch

Atv-Guru Front Brush Guard

·
Registered
553 Posts
KFI mount will work fine that is what I used to mount my wifes winch on her 550 xp.

·
Registered
223 Posts
No worries! Those badlands winches are awesome! Mine has been burried in the mud and be dunked in the river almost every weekend this summer. It's never let me down yet :knock on wood

2013 Sportsman 550 pursuit camo

Badlands 3000lbs winch

Atv-Guru Front Brush Guard

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
i bought the Badlands 3500# winch when on sale....was 99.00 an had a 20% off coupon...worked out great..I took my warn A2000 off my sport 500 and installed the badlands on the mount....bolted right up....so I would assume any mount will work....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts