Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sorry of starting all the new threads but i find that i keep fixing the old problems and new ones arise

but now after all the issues i have had i finally got my magnum back together she fires up (without a battery at that) idles great with the choke on but as soon as i start backing down the choke it dies, so unless i am giving it gas or have the choke on it dies

and on top of it if i rev it up it goes no problem but as soon as i put it in gear and try to drive it i can get it to move at maybe 1/4 throttle but as soon as i give it anymore it just wants to die out

now i have a couple of theories that it may be
A - when i took the carb off i cleaned up the bowl and area but i never removed the jet just cleaned up around it.
B - the lack of battery is messing with it cause its not getting full voltage (dont think so because i doubt it would run at all if that was the case)
C - when i first took the carb apart being my 1st one i was unsure what i was taking apart and pulled the top brass cover off that had some sort of diaphram and a metal piece that went in to the carb, i was very carefull with this and just put it right back in but i am thinking maybe something went wrong
or
D - its just that it has been sitting for so damn long that it just needs alot longer then normal to warm up

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
try cleaning the pilot jet,you will need a skinny screwdriver and is next to the main jet.you should be able to see daylight thru it.
you should not be running it without a batttery ,even a dead one is better than none at all. the charging system needs to make complete circuit and without the system being complete it most likely had full voltage output and burned up all the bulbs.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well its probably good then that i forgot to plug the headlights back in

but ya thats what i was figuring i would do next, it just sucks cause i have to take the whole damn thing apart again
i wish i would have had the balls to take it apart in the 1st place,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts