Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.
went on a big ride with the group 2 weeks back, got caught in a 20 min thunderstorm..got drenched but still had ton of fun.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Nice, When I was a kid we went camping a BLPP,fished it a cpl times as a teen but haven't been back in 15 years. Are they club trails or crown trails???

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they are club trails, day passes are available or season passes. Big trail system but we didn't find to much mud..lots of water holes

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Looks like a blast, minus all the flats of course, what was up with that?? I actually prefer to ride during or around rain storms as that keeps the dust down!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Wait a second... this isn't Bass Lake in California is it? Up by Oakhurst?? Awesome stuff btw... :)

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
My guess is Bass Lake near Bobcaygeon, Ontario.

Mark

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yup this was in Ontario.

Robooo:

500 is a great little machine, I use it primarily for fun but this summer it became a work horse because Im building a cottage...its been a great tool for hauling tools,lumber and other materials. I think I picked good mods for the machine, Zillas are very light so im not loosing much power + I got EPE clutch kit which is ok...I wish I went with QSC and I also modified my exhaust. So far I had one broken Front outer CV due to nylon mesh wrapping around it and ripping the rubber boot so I upgraded to rhino axle ( its a beast compared to stock axles) and im about to change my rear brakes this weekend. Plan is to upgrade to a biger machine, 850xp or an outty 1000...haven't made up my mind yet

Lollygagger77:
We don't know what they hit but those 3 bikes were in front of the group, we were going much faster then we should of been on those rocky trails so we assumed they hit the same rock. All 3 tires had the exact same kink in the rim and a slice on the sidewall of the tire

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
yup this was in Ontario.

Robooo:

. Plan is to upgrade to a biger machine, 850xp or an outty 1000...haven't made up my mind yet

Lollygagger77:
We don't know what they hit but those 3 bikes were in front of the group, we were going much faster then we should of been on those rocky trails so we assumed they hit the same rock. All 3 tires had the exact same kink in the rim and a slice on the sidewall of the tire
Ouch, that sucks and a sidewall slash is a day ender, I have actually brought my entire set of stockers with on trips before because of things like that (of course when I had them I never needed them) Good luck on your decision of which new machine to go with, both are beasts.. actually my buddy with the 1000 hit a rock, bent his tie rod, and crack/dented his stock aluminum rim, also took a small chunk out of the side wall, and that tire still holds air :hmmm: I need to get a picture of it, I am sure it is only a matter of time before the rim gives out, but still pretty shocking, and yes he too is always in front going balls out.. I think he has broken all the racking off and he really hates the rear bumper on them as it catches everything when he slides around corners, lol...

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yup this was in Ontario.

Robooo:

. Plan is to upgrade to a biger machine, 850xp or an outty 1000...haven't made up my mind yet

Lollygagger77:
Ouch, that sucks and a sidewall slash is a day ender, I have actually brought my entire set of stockers with on trips before because of things like that (of course when I had them I never needed them) Good luck on your decision of which new machine to go with, both are beasts.. actually my buddy with the 1000 hit a rock, bent his tie rod, and crack/dented his stock aluminum rim, also took a small chunk out of the side wall, and that tire still holds air :hmmm: I need to get a picture of it, I am sure it is only a matter of time before the rim gives out, but still pretty shocking, and yes he too is always in front going balls out.. I think he has broken all the racking off and he really hates the rear bumper on them as it catches everything when he slides around corners, lol...
I'm leaning towards 850 mainly because my group is mostly can-ams, I want something different from others.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Nice video. I just ordered a camera from Thor. Can't wait to start.

Question for you. Do you know what exhaust the guy on the blue XP was running?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for watching.
He is running biggun slipon. In my opinion the best sound for 850xp and he claims power gain.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Thanks. It does sound great.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Nice vid! Love watching local stuff, put about 600km on this summer up there.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts