Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see an optional battery 3.0 list for my 2011 xp850 is this a heavy duty battery?

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
It's almost double the size physically and capacity as well. If you have a winch or a plow, go to the larger battery. You will also need to order the correct hold down bracket for it. About $20 at the dealer.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is what killed the battery plowing with the winch at night with the lights on. Now it won't hold a charge. Guess I will upgrade the battery. Twice the size how does that fit in there?Must be more than a new strap to hold it in?

·
Registered
392 Posts
I went with the 3.0 Odyssey Battery and it's a power house! My old battery went dead and I couldn't even jump start it. Thought the starter went out because it wouldn't even turn over. Put the new battery in and it cranked over like it was on a turbo charge. I have not charged it or even ran my ATV very much this last year and it still cranks like new.

If you do decide to go with an Odyssey battery make sure you get the one with the battery terminals arranged properly. You can order it with the terminals in either position. You can stretch the wires and get it to work either way but it makes it more convenient to get it correct initially.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Odyssey 925L is the one you want. You don't need the hold down strap it fits very snug and the rack holds it down fine. If you go Odyssey, and I highly recommend it, do not get the metal jacket one. Others have and had to cut off the jacket to get it to fit.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Amazing my dealer had the 3.0 in stock even the bracket hope this last longer.Thanks for the input

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
get a battery maintainer also....that will end your battery issues....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts