Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I assume lots of people have winches and extra lights and hand warmers and other accessories that obviously take battery power and what not. Anyone have any issues with too many accessories putting strain on the battery? Reason I'm asking is because I have some upgrades and want to add additional bumper lights but don't want to tax the battery too much.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
My plan is to replace my factory battery with a 30 ah model.......soon

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
Stick to LED lights to minimize the draw on the battery and you should be ok. do you notice the stock lights changing brightness as you switch on accessories? this is an indication of battery strain. if you're not seeing any changes to the stock lights than you should be good to go.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just upgraded to hid lights and love them but wanted to put some lights on the bumper as well but didn't know if I need to really upgrade a battery or if I will be fine

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
If all you have are the upgraded headlights I would suspect you'll be fine. but if you're running warmers and other accessories like GPS charger/phone charger, radio, Etc. you may have issues. You may want to verify that running a winch (if installed) while the machine is running causes issues with the lights, if that doesn't LED lights wont either.

·
Registered
862 Posts
It's not hard to over run the electrical system on the Fuji based value line atvs, the stator output is around 250watts. The xp's and the 570 have a much better charging system that will deal with accessories better, but you can still add some stuff to the value lines. The winch is the biggest power hog, but you hardly ever use it unless plowing. Hids actually use less power then the stock bulbs so that actually helps some. Leds use very little Power compared to filament bulbs and have better life expectancy over all but are expensive.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
if you're not "MADE IN THE USA" specific you can get decent Chinese made LED's for fairly cheap. Got mine for about $50 and they are Freakin Bright!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I hear the rigid industries ones are nice but I have heard other brands that are just as nice as the name brand ones so I'll have to weigh my options and see what I think looks good

1 - 8 of 8 Posts