Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been reading on here for awhile but just joined today. I have a 2015 sportsman 1000xp. Left the key on by accident while doing wheel bearings and it drained down. Went to start, clicked a couple times. Speedometer worked while it was clicking. I put a battery charger on it for 10-15 minutes. Speedo came on with the key but when it started up I no longer have any lights or anything on my speedometer. I took the battery cables off and cleaned them up thinking maybe I knocked one lose but all seems good and still no Speedo. Any recommendations ?

·
Registered
9,161 Posts

Disconnect the battery for about 20 minutes and reconnect - see if that fixes it

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I’m away from
The house for a few days but I disconnected the batter to put on the trickle charger prior to leaving. Hopefully When I get home it’s fixed. I’ll post an update after it’s hooked back up

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Battery was disconnected for 3 days and is now fully charged. Starts right up but still no speedometer

·
Registered
9,161 Posts
Check for 12vdc on the red/blk wire of the speedo plug (pin 4)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I’m really hoping the gauge isn’t fried. We’re leaving for Hatfield McCoy trails soon and I would at least like to have the warning lights working in case there is an overheat issue etc. on the trails

·
Registered
9,161 Posts
Pin 1 is connected to EPS and CPU module
Pin 2 is connected to CAN bus low, CPU and EPS
Pin 3 is 12vdc when the handlebar kill switch is on
Pin 4 is constant 12vdc
Pin 11 is fuel sending unit
All other pins are unused

·
Registered
9,161 Posts
You need 12v on both pin 3 and 4 for the thing to light up - if you have voltage on both pins and no life it either lost ground (CPU malfunction) or it died. Have a dealer run diagnostics on the wiring system to be sure.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok thank you for all your help. Is there any way to manually ground it to rule out the cpu issue ? The only dealer close to me is weeks out on work so getting in there before we head out to ride is more than likely not an option.

·
Registered
9,161 Posts
Ok thank you for all your help. Is there any way to manually ground it to rule out the cpu issue ? The only dealer close to me is weeks out on work so getting in there before we head out to ride is more than likely not an option.
No way that I am aware of to manually ground the speedo - it's all computer controlled and I don't have the program - I don't have a computer controlled washing machine, smart TV or internet linked truck - never will either.

·
Registered
9,161 Posts
Faulty display or faulty CPU would be my guess, but it needs to be diagnosed by a shop with Digital Wrench software

1 - 14 of 14 Posts