Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2016 570 touring,

started with a completely dead battery. Boosted it ran great and even restarted on its own for the last run aprx 60kms. Washed and parked the machine. 1 day later checked and battery was completely dead again. Inspected stator, voltage regulator harness and no chaffing or exposed wires. Im going to check for a draw tonight. Im leaning towards the voltage regulator based on some basic research. Has anyone dealt with this issue? I installed a new AGM the day after the second occurrence and it went dead after a couple days:crying. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also does anyone have a PDF link for the repair manual on this machine?

Cheers,

·
Registered
36 Posts
Did you turn off both the key and handlebar off/on switches when you shut it down? I understand that on some machines leaving one on can draw down the battery. A friend of mine has an older machine that does that.

·
Registered
185 Posts
You should to connect, between minus in battery and cable, ammeter and look is there any power consumption. Remove one fuse and look on display. If there is still problem, remove next one.

·
Registered
7,406 Posts
The only connection between the battery and ground with the key switch off is the rec/reg (unless there are accessories installed that connect directly to the battery) - unplug the rec/reg and see if battery quits discharging - if that solves the problem replace the rec/reg

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok,

I think I've got it sorted out. I had a 33ma draw. After removing all the fuses the draw was still present. So I pulled the leads form the voltage regulator /rectifier and the draw disappeared. In going to order a new reg/rec asap. Thanks for the input community.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Ok,

I think I've got it sorted out. I had a 33ma draw. After removing all the fuses the draw was still present. So I pulled the leads form the voltage regulator /rectifier and the draw disappeared. In going to order a new reg/rec asap. Thanks for the input community.
Or put in a battery disconnect switch, but better to fix the problem.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Battery Drain (update)

I contacted Polaris directly to ask for some assistance with my ongoing issue. I explained what i found and how well my 570 has been treating me. I was civil and conveyed my situation with patience and humor. At the end of it they understood my position and assisted with a voucher to help cover the cost of the new reg/rec . I must say my faith in this company has been restored and I will definitely keep this situation in mind when purchasing my next ATV.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts