Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
My sportsman 700 needs a battery. I'm looking around and they seem to run $100 to $150. is that normal?

I recall 300 cca batteries for the lawn tractors and they run $25-$35 at sears or wal mart.

Is there a more economical alternative?

I see many motorcycle batteries at wal mart for $40-$50 that are a bit skinnier then the stock polaris theyre the same height and length but theyre skinnier at 3.5" and the cca's arent listed. am wondering if one of those would work. I'm aware I've got two cylinders and it needs some cca's.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
I don't think I'd go with a lawn tractor battery..... but it's your money, best of luck with that!

The last battery I picked up was a RoadRunner AGM in the proper size. I purchased it for ~$75-80 at my local Fleet Farm, which is like a Blaine's Farm & Fleet / TSC Tractor Supply Co. / L&M Fleet Supply type store (pick your region for specific name). I'd try there first. If not any parts store / battery shop should have one for about $75-100.

·
Super Moderator
6,961 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
I got one for my 800 before I traded it at Advance Auto Parts, it was around 80 dollars vs almost 200 at the dealer.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Batteries plus bulbs carries all batteries.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts