Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought a new battery the other day for my 97 Xplorer 300. I believe I bought the correct battery but it's a bit smaller than the other one and doesn't fit as tight in the box so I was afraid it might jump out so I decided to look for the correct tie down strap.

I ordered this bungee cord. The auction said it fit my model but I can't figure out how it's supposed to work.

First of all it appears too short, second there are no metal clips that go through the rubber to hook it to and third other than a clip on the bottom of the battery box, I can't figure out what to attach the other end to. I thought perhaps the clip that secures the ground cable but I doubt it.

Anybody have any good photos of how this piece is supposed to work? Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
Its suppose to have s hooks on both ends. It's also is supposed to have a cover over the top of the battery. This is a 2000 trail blazer that I just picked up for the kids. Haven't got a chance to pick up a cover for it. Actually that's the battery out of my 2001 xplorer 400. That motor is Illinois with latebird getting some well needed expert attention. Now that I'm thinking about it I'm going to need a new battery, cover and starter. Stole the starter off of mine as well. Sorry about the pics its 4 in the morning and I was out with the dogs so I snapped some quick ones to let you see what it looks like

I wont tell you what I don't know

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the pics. I'll see if I can find some S hooks at Lowe's or just make some. The strap looks too short but OK with the hooks.

·
Premium Member
7,477 Posts
When I bought my AGM battery its electrical capacity was larger then OEM but dimensionally smaller. The OEM hold down strap went in the box were I keep the rest of old parts and I used 3/8 thick ty-wraps to hold it in place.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No. CN$27 seems high for a piece of plastic. Mine has done fine for years without a cover (and a strap) for that matter until no put this smaller battery on. I probably should have Googled the group size before ordering. I just measured the original battery. Looked like a Yusa style .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts