Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I am new to this forum and hoping I can get some help. I have an 04 Sportsman 700 EFI and it needs a new battery. The challenge is I cannot get the old battery out. It will simply not even budge out of the battery box. I have looked all over the machine to see if there is another restraint but apparently, it is just stuck. Short of taking the back fenders off and taking the entire battery box off, any ideas? Thanks guys and any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys,

I am new to this forum and hoping I can get some help. I have an 04 Sportsman 700 EFI and it needs a new battery. The challenge is I cannot get the old battery out. It will simply not even budge out of the battery box. I have looked all over the machine to see if there is another restraint but apparently, it is just stuck. Short of taking the back fenders off and taking the entire battery box off, any ideas? Thanks guys and any help is appreciated.
prepare to electric wire and connect them on place of the electric connection of the battery using the same screw.
use them to pull up the battery

i had same problem and was easy to solve in this way

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
And welcome to the board!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have your exact same bike. I changed the battery a couple months ago and it seemed like it was welded in the box. I did just like civas did but it was still a beotch! Make sure you clean out as much mud around the battery first, that was what held mine in. Good luck.

·
Registered
174 Posts
be carefull if your going to pull it up by the terminals they can break, go ahead if your going to replace the battery, if not just carefully pry around the battery till it comes loose. use spray lube too.

·
Registered
1 Posts
what i did to remove my stuck battery was this.. i got a heavy duty rubber bungee strap then i removed the outside filler plugs of the battery then slightly bent the hook ends and inserted them in the open holes of the battery and pulled it out of the case after washing the dried mud out.. i tried the electrical wire thing but that did not work.. hope this helps someone

1 - 6 of 6 Posts