Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
drove my 13 800efi for about a half hr pulling the kids in the sled and plowing out the neighbors driveways then shut it off and started it 15 minutes later and it was idling for about 10 minutes while i moved the cars out of my driveway to plow. Jumped on the wheeler and my fan was running and my battery light was flashing. Soon as i gave it gas it went away and never came back on. Anyone have any ideas what that was about?

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
your battery was low from plowing likely and at idle it probably doesn't put out enough power to recharge it. Once you gave it gas you were putting out the max voltage.

It has been stated here many times that plowing is very hard on your battery and having the lights on does not help either. Keep it on a maintainer when not in use and plow with the lights off if possible when using the winch lots.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Ive been told that they battery light will come on either when the voltage is low or high, so maybe the fan running was enough draw to cause the light to come on? Just a guess.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea i was figuring something like that also.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts