Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '13 500 HO will start and idle fine but once I turn the headlights on while it is idling my battery light will start flashing. Once the battery light comes on I can turn the lights off, the battery light will go off, then I turn the lights back on and within 2 mins the battery light is back on. I took it back to the dealer right after I get it for a new stator to be installed (over charging), but it still kicks the battery light every now and then. It is the factory battery and will hold a charge for 2 or 3 days but anything over that and it will need to be jumped. The light will only flash when I have the headlights on. I think it just needs a battery but tell me what y'all think, here are my readings from this morning:

Volt readings:
Engine off = 11
Engine running @ 1500rpms = 14
Engine running @ 1000rpms = 12.5
Engine running @ 1000rpms with lights on = 10.5
Engine running @ 1500rpms with lights on = 12
As soon as I turn the lights on while it is running it will drop to 8 volts and then right back up to 11 volts.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Welcome to the forums! If it's still under warranty I'd take it back and make the dealer get it working right.

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
Its still not charging right, should be 13.5 to 14.5 with lights on or off, take it back to dealer, sounds like voltage regulator to me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts