Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 570 when it is idling some times the displays show Lo 10.7 or a number like that. It is starting fine and seems to be fine otherwise.

·
Premium Member
7,405 Posts
Tighten the battery terminals.

·
Registered
4,833 Posts
If it's not the battery terminals, what voltage does it display at about 2500 rpm? The things do not charge well (if at all) at idle. If it idles for more than a few minutes (especially with the lights on) the battery voltage will drop. Remember, the charging systems on power sports vehicles are not designed to "charge", they are designed to maintain the charge.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If it's not the battery terminals, what voltage does it display at about 2500 rpm? The things do not charge well (if at all) at idle. If it idles for more than a few minutes (especially with the lights on) the battery voltage will drop. Remember, the charging systems on power sports vehicles are not designed to "charge", they are designed to maintain the charge.

Battery was not lose. A couple of cells were a little low so I filled them, no changed. I swapped battery with my other 570 and it sits at 11.1 idling but does not seem to drop, up to 12 when at 2500 rpms

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,833 Posts
You need to get the battery on a "BATTERY TENDER" reg. trademark and get the battery to 12.9 to 13.2 volts, then start the engine, rev to about 2500 rpm and watch the voltage across the battery terminals (or other convenient direct lead to the battery) the voltage should rise to no more than 14.8 then fall to about 13.2 and rise to 14.8 - when you see the cyclic charge and discharge, it indicates the voltage regulator is doing it's job. If you can't get the battery above 12.5, the battery is weak.

Before a new battery is used for the first time, it needs to be "activated " by charging to 13.2 to 13.5 volts. If a new battery is not activated, it will never reach full charge while in use and will never be as good as it should be. It life will be shortened and cranking power will always be a little low. It will burden the charging system and can cause stator and/or rec/reg failure.

This is the information conveyed to me by the battery manufacturers when I asked them at the dealer expos.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dude i feel so bad the battery's are in such a stupid spot on the sportsman

Yes they are a pain. Since I put in a good battery out of my other 570. I did some more searching. I found a post on testing the stator and the voltage regulator. Based on that post it looks like it is my regulator. I ordered a new one and hopefully that solves the problem.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Dude i feel so bad the battery's are in such a stupid spot on the sportsman

Yes they are a pain. Since I put in a good battery out of my other 570. I did some more searching. I found a post on testing the stator and the voltage regulator. Based on that post it looks like it is my regulator. I ordered a new one and hopefully that solves the problem.

I’m currently getting a voltage regulator and harness put in because my eps went out

1 - 10 of 10 Posts