Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi new to the site....I have a 2005.5 sportsman 500....
It's always a pain to connect / disconnect the battery or to even try and get a charger in that tight area....has anyone mounted a battery elsewhere or have and ideas as how to "extend" or may it easier to get to the terminal posts?
Thanks in advance

Greg

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!:med:

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
Welcome aboard. Do you have a battery tender? They usually come with a set of leads that bolt on to the battery with a quick coupler to hook up to the tender.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey

Yes gonna pick one up from Royal...but what if you need a boost on the ice..out fishing on Simcoe and need a boost.....I always bring my own battery pack but the alligator clips are so large and don't fit under the wheel wheel and take hold of the posts....I thought maybe someone out there had an easier system....thanks for your reply tho.......
Greg

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
Yes gonna pick one up from Royal...but what if you need a boost on the ice..out fishing on Simcoe and need a boost.....I always bring my own battery pack but the alligator clips are so large and don't fit under the wheel wheel and take hold of the posts....I thought maybe someone out there had an easier system....thanks for your reply tho.......
Greg
Forget royal, get a Norco from Canadian tire, on sale often, and better prices than royal.

Does cdn tire have a small boost pack for atvs?

·
Registered
100 Posts
What if you use quick connects and make your own jumper cables. One end would get bolted to your battery terminals and then when you needed a boost you connect from your battery pack via the quick connect.

Something like this image.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I like that 87iroc

Did you make that setup yourself or buy it somewhere?
That's perfect!

Hey WB...just checked crappys website and they(norco) are more expensive than the battery tender jr at royal.......35 at royal as 45 on sale at crappy....

Thanks for the quick replies guys

Greg

·
Registered
100 Posts
I made a setup like this so that I can power a winch on my trailer from the battery on my SUV. I did a quick google search and found that image. Here is my setup. The CAA trucks here have that setup in the first image that they use to boost cars. They just plug the cables into their truck so they are not fumbling with getting a connection to their battery.

Attachments

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have a 2010 500 HO, the battery is a piddly ass lil thing. I am going to remove the stock battery and install one in the same location as the 05 800 efis. Its a larger battery and it will be easily accessable under the seat...not to mention protected! Ill post pics when I get done.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Do you have a battery tender? They usually come with a set of leads that bolt on to the battery with a quick coupler to hook up to the tender.
B-I-N-G-O!! This makes it much easier to charge if needed or to hook up a maintainer after each use. I routed mine under the seat.... pop the seat and clip on battery tender quick coupler/clip.... easy every time!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts