Polaris ATV Forum banner

BATTERY RELOCATION KIT

4628 Views 15 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  Voyager2020
HEY GUYS WUTS UP IVE BEEN THINKING ABOUT DOING A BATTERY RELOCATION KIT ON MY 570 SPORTSMAN
I WANT TO MOVE IT CAUSE WHEN WE RIDE SOMETIMES WE GO THROW WATER N MUD N THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT COMES ON THEN N GOES AWAY WITH NO CODES STORED IN IT. SO I THINK THAT MAYBE ITS THE BATTERY GETTING WET? (NOT SURE) I HAVE BEEN LOOK ON HERE AND READING ABOUT THEM. JUST WONDERING WHICH 1 WOULD BE BETTER FOR ME.

I LIKE THIS 1 BUT NOT SURE ABOUT HAVING THE BATTERY IN WITH THE AIR FILTER SHOULDNT HURT IT. I LIKE CAUSE ITS UNDER THE SEAT

THIS 1 IS NICE TOO

SO WUT DO U THINK??

PS. I HAVE TO USE ALL CAPS AT WORK SORRY
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Batteries are not affected by being under water or wet unless there are impurities in the water that conduct electricity as well as wire. Relocation is for convenience.
Reactions: 4
Your battery isn’t causing your CEL issue. Likely getting moisture in a connection somewhere. Dielectric grease all your connections. Without pulling a code it’s to determine why the CEL can on to begin with. You could have a frayed wire somewhere that gets wet and throw a the code or you could be applying the brakes and throttle at the same time when you are riding in mud and water.

For the relocation kit, I would recommend Quad Logics kit. As latebird said though, you’d be doing it more for convenience than anything else.
THANKS FOR THE INPUT GUYS. ILL TRY THE DIELECTRIC GREASE AND GIVE IT A GOOD LOOK TO SEE IF THERES WIRE MESSED UP ANYWHERE THANKS AGAIN
HEY GUYS WUTS UP IVE BEEN THINKING ABOUT DOING A BATTERY RELOCATION KIT ON MY 570 SPORTSMAN
I WANT TO MOVE IT CAUSE WHEN WE RIDE SOMETIMES WE GO THROW WATER N MUD N THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT COMES ON THEN N GOES AWAY WITH NO CODES STORED IN IT. SO I THINK THAT MAYBE ITS THE BATTERY GETTING WET? (NOT SURE) I HAVE BEEN LOOK ON HERE AND READING ABOUT THEM. JUST WONDERING WHICH 1 WOULD BE BETTER FOR ME.

I LIKE THIS 1 BUT NOT SURE ABOUT HAVING THE BATTERY IN WITH THE AIR FILTER SHOULDNT HURT IT. I LIKE CAUSE ITS UNDER THE SEAT

THIS 1 IS NICE TOO

SO WUT DO U THINK??

PS. I HAVE TO USE ALL CAPS AT WORK SORRY
Hello. I have a kit from Kemimoto installed. Installation is quite simple, and access to the battery is much more convenient and less dirt.
See less See more
Hello. I have a kit from Kemimoto installed. Installation is quite simple, and access to the battery is much more convenient and less dirt.
View attachment 153034
WUT DID YOU PUT IT ON? DID IT CHANGE THE FEEL WHEN UR RIDING?
DO YOU LIKE IT?
WUT DID YOU PUT IT ON? DID IT CHANGE THE FEEL WHEN UR RIDING?
DO YOU LIKE IT?
The installation is elementary a detailed installation guide is attached to the kit, and there are installation videos on YouTube. Nothing complicated. The kit has everything you need. The quality is good. After the transfer of the battery under the rear wing, no changes in the control followed, the weight of the battery is negligible in relation to the weight of the rider and the ATV. Battery maintenance has become more convenient in comparison with the standard installation location.

See less See more
The installation is elementary a detailed installation guide is attached to the kit, and there are installation videos on YouTube. Nothing complicated. The kit has everything you need. The quality is good. After the transfer of the battery under the rear wing, no changes in the control followed, the weight of the battery is negligible in relation to the weight of the rider and the ATV. Battery maintenance has become more convenient in comparison with the standard installation location. View attachment 153068
View attachment 153069
RITE ON THANKS MAN
View attachment 153034
What gauge cables do they include with this kit? Stock cables on the 2020 570 is 6 gauge. If the kit has smaller gauge, is it safe to hook up to a bigger gauge wired system? Thanks.
Larger gauge wire is safe, smaller is not. The numbers are backwards from size: 1 AWG gauge is enormously larger than 18 AWG gauge. I want this battery relocate kit for my 06 800, not for relocation but for a second battery for plowing and winching, and I'd use 4AWG pure copper.
It came with 8gauge I used 6gauge tho
I appreciate your feedback fellas. Do you by chance know the length of cables I need from the middle frame area to the rear where I will relocate it? Is it 4 or 6 foot ? I want just enough for left over so its not very tight as I dress it back. I will be using zip ties to adhere it to the frame. Thanks !!
What gauge cables do they include with this kit? Stock cables on the 2020 570 is 6 gauge. If the kit has smaller gauge, is it safe to hook up to a bigger gauge wired system? Thanks.
Connecting with smaller gauge wire is safe, but it will cause a voltage drop and the wires will get hot when drawing large amounts of amperage (over 45 amps for more than 30 seconds) - it is detrimental to starting and starter motor life.
Connecting with smaller gauge wire is safe, but it will cause a voltage drop and the wires will get hot when drawing large amounts of amperage (over 45 amps for more than 30 seconds) - it is detrimental to starting and starter motor life.
I was figuring that. Yeah my sportsman has a winch with plow so I will stick with the 6 gauge level. I will keep the wire that comes with this kit for other projects.
I appreciate your feedback fellas. Do you by chance know the length of cables I need from the middle frame area to the rear where I will relocate it? Is it 4 or 6 foot ? I want just enough for left over so its not very tight as I dress it back. I will be using zip ties to adhere it to the frame. Thanks !!
I wanna say 4ft not 100% tho
I wanna say 4ft not 100% tho
Thank you for your response. I appreciate your help.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.