Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a suggestion for replacement battery for 2011 polaris sportsman 500 HO Touring? Also, can't find a replacement model number in the Owner's Manual. Any help appreciated.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Anyone have a suggestion for replacement battery for 2011 polaris sportsman 500 HO Touring? Also, can't find a replacement model number in the Owner's Manual. Any help appreciated.
Go to Pirate Batteries. They have no maintenance batteries to fit your sportsman for about $40.00 shipped priority. I've used them in every ATV I've owned and have been really happy with them.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
don't know the model, but make sure you get a sealed maintenance free battery. I prefer the Gel ones over the AGM ones.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
walmart $26

gel mat, 1 yr wrnty

Attachments

·
Registered
112 Posts
gel mat, 1 yr wrnty
Around here the Wally world AGM's are $78.00. I think the cheaper price is for the standard flooded type batteries. I've had terrible luck with the WW AGM's not lasting..........caps not fitting correctly. I stopped buying them even though they have a decent warranty.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Head over to your local Fleet / Tractor Supply type store (For me that's Mill's Fleet Farm)...... and pick your self up a good "maintenance free" battery (~$70-80). I've had good luck with Sealed AGM type batteries. Also pick yourself up a batery maintainer (~$20-50)!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Head over to your local Fleet / Tractor Supply type store (For me that's Mill's Fleet Farm)...... and pick your self up a good "maintenance free" battery (~$70-80). I've had good luck with Sealed AGM type batteries. Also pick yourself up a batery maintainer (~$20-50)!
Yes...plus 1 on the battery maintainer.

·
Registered
86 Posts
If you can get by the price, the WPS Featherlite Lithium battery is the way to go. Can stay charged for an incredible amount of time and is about 2-3lbs depending on application.

·
Registered
365 Posts
DelTran Battery Tender and Charger Junior | ATV | Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

Have these on all the bikes and quads that have a battery. Works great. Hook the one end up to the battery terminals, and route the cable to an easy access spot. Then all you have to do is plug the cables in and plug it into the wall. Very simple and works great. Highly recommend. You can usually find these at local bike shops as well.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts