Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I have a 2007 Sportsman 450.

As the title says, my battery warning light on display will start flashing at higher RPM's, usually around 4500 RPM. It will stop flashing when engine slows back down. Get up around 6000 RPM, and the tach reading will drop back to the high hundreds - even though the engine doesn't fall back on RPM's. Slow down and the RPM readings return to accurate.

Starting is normal, and lights don't seem to be affected. I don't have a winch or any other electrical accessories installed.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Very true, sounds like an under or over charge at higher rpms

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Yes, I'm thinking potentially voltage regulator. What should I expect on voltage at higher RPM?
12.5 not running, 14.5 at RPM. My guess is an over voltage situation...

Sean

·
Registered
222 Posts
Newfoundlandventure,

I am having the same problem with my 07 Polaris Sportsman 500. What was the problem and how did you resolve it? Please advise.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Im having the same issue. At high rpm im getting 16+ volts. At idle and low rpm is normal. Also when at higher rpm my battery light blinks. Anyone fix this issue and how?
Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
271 Posts
Remove and clean battery connections. If continues to flash, remove battery and have it load tested. If ok, get a service manual and check stator readings with multimeter. If readings fall in spec, then replace voltage regulator.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Remove and clean battery connections. If continues to flash, remove battery and have it load tested. If ok, get a service manual and check stator readings with multimeter. If readings fall in spec, then replace voltage regulator.
Do these checks before you do any more riding on it. I had the same issue and continued to use the bike even though it ran normally otherwise.. Well the excess voltage eventually damaged the ECU.. So I had to replace that as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts