Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, did a marathon tour today of the Bear Creek Trail starting at the Daisy State park and going up to Kirby Landing on Lake Greeson. All I can say about the first several miles is, the sign didn't lie. That trail was everything and then some. But I am very happy to report the 570 and the 400 handled the trail and the bikes were still ready for more. I did get it stuck once. I thought that mud hole was a little shallower than it was. But the winch worked great and we rode all over. The trails get much easier from Kirby Landing on.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Was the trail well marked? Been running around central Arkansas at some parks, wanting to do some long trails
About how long did it take you?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
I use to ride there years ago until a big ice storm hit and destroyed alot of the trails. It was fun being able to ride a while and swim a while in the lake. You could also go from Bear Creek all the way to Laurel Landing further down the lake. Don't know if you can still do that anymore.

Ronnie

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes trails were well marked both heading out from Daisy st. Park and toward Bear creek from Kirby landing. I also learned at Kirby landing don't even think about taking the atv into the park area off the trail system. Had several people tell me since the ranger will fine you in a heart beat if you are off the trail system. The wont even let you take them off the trailer in the campground.

·
Registered
14 Posts
So, is there a place at the trail head to unload and park vehicles?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So, is there a place at the trail head to unload and park vehicles?

yes a couple of places that i saw. One my the little motel area in the park they have a ORV parking lot there as well as a place called the swinging bridge area to loan and unload. But that was is as far as i could tell.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I've been wanting to ride that trail for a while now but the 'experienced rider' makes me a little leary taking the wife. How tough was the trail to handle?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've been wanting to ride that trail for a while now but the 'experienced rider' makes me a little leary taking the wife. How tough was the trail to handle?
Well my wife said she wasn't eager to try the part from daisy st park to Kirby landing again. But she loved the area in and around Kirby landing. She was very proud of herself after the ride. She was the one who made me take a pic of the sign to show what she had done.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts