Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, I didnt get the name BigMoFo because Im a small guy, I need some beefy springs in the rear. The biggest spring rate I have seen for my 02 sportsman 700 is right around 140# from EPI. I was wondering if Ranger Springs would work?? Im looking at the biggest the have for Polaris, any help would be great.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!:add_twinkle:

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Ranger springs probally won't work. You can give them a try though. A better option but it's going to cost a lot more is to have some custom shocks made from Fox or Elka. I took that option and I have loved it ever since.

·
Registered
324 Posts
There is another option if you don't want to replace the whole shock. You could get a set of custom wound coil springs from one of the many companies that produce them.

So when your riding do you look like this?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There is another option if you don't want to replace the whole shock. You could get a set of custom wound coil springs from one of the many companies that produce them.

So when your riding do you look like this?
LOL I'm not quite that fury but yes, that does look like me riding

·
Registered
348 Posts
I bought the EPI 140's for my 500HO for me and the wife (we aren't big but we aren't small). Seems to help on ours and the ride is still nice.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts