Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help. I was out riding today went to go put it in reverse and the shift selector just moving back-and-forth. It was stuck in low so I made it home. When I took some panels off and went to inspect. the splines inside the bell crank lever are all stripped. It’s obviously easy enough to replace however it looks to me like some of the splines on the shaft might be damaged. Would someone please guide me as to how difficult and what is entailed in replacing that shaft If I need to. Thank you

·
Premium Member
2008 800 ho efi, 2019 850 SP premium
4,467 Posts
What are we working on??????.?????????

·
Premium Member
3,458 Posts
Don’t worry, it’s hard to navigate a new forum at first. Just wanted you to know for your own good too!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you. What needs to be done to replace the shaft if need be? And while we’re on the topic of shift levers and Bell cranks Sometimes when I go to shift it smooth as butter and then there are other Times that it’s a beast like as in requires A lot of effort. Is there any way to smooth shifting is it a belt issue I’m really looking for any information to help out

·
Premium Member
4,467 Posts
Your one way bearing in the primary clutch is locked up that's why your lever stripped because of you trying to jam it into gear by forcing the lever, will not help by just replacing the Bell crank, you need to service your primary clutch and replace the one-way bearing with a new one

·
Premium Member
4,467 Posts
IMG_20200915_203404.jpg

·
Premium Member
12,077 Posts
Cecco sells upgraded bellcranks.

·
Premium Member
4,467 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,467 Posts
I'm in Wi, little to far to help you out

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Besides the obvious I need a new one way bearing is there a parts list somewhere that specifies exactly what other parts need to be replaced. Reading through the thread it looks like there’s some washers and a spacer. I’m a meathead and I could use a concise list of all the parts needed to do the repair. While we’re on the topic I bought the machine a year ago and brought it to probably the worst shop on earth which is a whole Nother story but hard shifting and creeping is why they recommended that I replace the belt when I picked the machine up I asked for the old belt because I wanted to see what a worn belt looked like. It looked brand new no wear marks no glazing no nothing so I’m thinking that I never needed a belt in the first place and the issue was always the one-way bearing and or they never put the new one on. Does anyone have a few pictures of what a worn belt looks like because I’m telling you the belt that they gave me that supposedly they took off looks absolutely brand new and when I mentioned it their response was that they measured it and it measured out of spec.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts