Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i got a 02 sportsman 500 H,O,

i like it alot but the steering is super hard. u gotta fight it. no the 4x4 is not kicked in.

how do you properly seal the belt housing so there is no water in it at all.

i put a drain plug in it and a snorkel up to the gas tank so it can breathe and not suck water we do a lot of creek riding. and as soon as i hit water it slips bad.

i put a bead of grease around the seal hoping it seals it does good but is tghere any other seal that i dont know of?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
and when water splashes up on the motor it dies out. i used die electgric grease on my plug boot and checkd the coil for cracks there is none. why does it short out when wet.?

·
Registered
108 Posts
I have some customers that do alot of water crossing, i've found that if you apply a light bead of silicone around the cheap polaris gasket that you'll have alot less problems with water. As for the cutting out, It may take time, but if you can take a water bottle and squirt the machine while it's running, that'll help you at least get the area figured out. let me know if i can be any more help.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i hitit with the hose and its fine but when i hit the creek for some ridin' dirty time it cuts out. there is no water in my air box but i donno why the hell its acting like this im ready to sell it.

i put blue grease aroundthe gasket for the clutch husing and its still taking on water i may remove it and try silicone.

i miss my 05 honda rincon 650 thre was no belt bullshit. it was nice.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Why the hell would you go from an 05 Rincon 650 to a 02 Sportsman 500? That just doesn't add up.
i didnt sell to buy the sportsman.

i had the rincon till last spring. it was my soon to be wife and mine then we split up, i always had sport quads. and i had 2 400ex's and i rode them all the time. so i didnt ride the rincon much and i needed the extra $ to pay off bills that she ran up so i had to sell it. it sucked balls because it was paid off.

i still kick myself for selling it but 400ex's are a dime a dozen

i had a 04 that i got 2500 out of it. and a 06 that i got 3000 from it. both had over 1200 into aftermarket parts on it and were super clean. people are lowballin bitches and want shit for free. and dont appreciate what people put into stuff or how good they take care of them

all i hear is blue book this and blue book that.. i say F blue book thats just a base price to go from.

thats y i sold the rinnie....

i got the sportsman for hunting,plowing snow. i have a blown out knee going on my 2nd serg so i had to sell the sport quads. sucks getting old.

plus i paid 2500.00 cash for it and got a hell of a deal.

now it sittin on 26x12x12 26x10x12 mudlites looks bad ass.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
my sport quad list

98 scrabler 400
00 scrambler 500
02 scrambler 500
04 400ex
06 400ex
95 trinity stoker banshee
04 predator 500