Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of life are you gettin out of your belts? Was riding this weekend and my 850 started to jerk in high gear when it was at low RPMs

·
Registered
190 Posts
The factory belt that came on mine lasted like 700 miles when it blew up, got a highlifter 3gx (dayco Xtx) and ran it couple hundred miles and it came unraveled due to a bur on my primary I sanded it down and put the 3gx back on now it has 1000 miles on it and I've had it wet a time or 2.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Just put an OEM belt back in when I installed my new clutch. 2300 miles on it, little warn and I kept it for a backup. :biggthumpup: sorry not an XP but still a polaris

·
Registered
123 Posts
My 850HO has 700 miles...no belt issues.

'03 500HO has 2300 miles....changed it around 1000 miles before going to Hatfield McCoy, belt was not worn never changed it again.

'03 700 has over 5000 miles...never a belt issue just changed at 1500 miles because purchased it used, belt still on it.

the belt changed were replaced with OEM Polaris belts.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
I have about 1400 miles on my belts so far. No wear that I have felt. I put a QSC clutch in one at Christmas and the belt showed no signs of wear.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
I have 9000 miles on my original belt on my 550. I use high and low by the book and I have never slipped a belt. They will last a long time if you use high and low the correct way. The belt is about the only thing that has not bad on my XP.

Ronnie

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
The other thing is guys switching to larger tires, and not clutching it properly. Then your belt is slipping alot more than it should, causing premature wear.

·
Registered
166 Posts
My 850 had 6500 miles on the belt with no problems and big tires. They are installing a new belt when they get the new engine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts