Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, could use so,e help, so this just started and. Have just about 1,500 miles. When i go to take off it slips till I get rpm up the its fine! Did I glaze my belt? I took the cover off and belt looked fine so not sure why it's slipping off the start, makes it tough to load ! Any suggestions ?
Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's 2013 scrambler 850 XP only mod is a K&N, I was at a dead stop when to go over a small rock and wouldn't engage then some black smoke came out the back as I have it a little more throttle, it's only a problem when I am under 5mph starting it stutters then after is normal

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
If you are doing any type of slow speed technical riding, hauling or pulling, or going through mud or similar conditions you should always be in low gear. Sounds like you have been doing low speed stuff in high gear and probable glazed the belt. Your avatar looks like you have bigger tires on it too?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah i did glaze doing just that . Those are the stock tires that came with it , they we warn now going with some Maxis bighorns i think, any suggestions on tires ? I appreciate the help .

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Tons of tires to pick from now days. I couldn't begin to recommend one over another. Just like oil. You may want to look into a clutch kit with the new tires so you don't do that belt damage again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts