Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 sportsmen 500 with 600 miles belt sarted to slip replaced belt plastic buttons in clutch and put in an epi clutch kit after 3 rides belt is slipping again any ideas

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Is the belt you put on OEM, or after market? Have you checked your engine mounts to make sure none are broken?

Sean

·
Registered
392 Posts
Are you riding it in the water at all? Could the belt be getting wet? How are you riding it? More details please.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Definately need more info. Is the belt OEM? Did you put everything back together properly when doing the clutch kit? Did you put some break-in miles on the new belt before giving it hell?

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
I'll add to the list of pertinent questions....stock tires?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
put on oem belt, stock tires, and x on the the drive clutch so it would line up .haven't rode in any water since I put in new belt. I will check the engine mounts tonight. I have done some break in on the new belt.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Did you preload the secondary 1/4 turn counter clockwise before cliping it down?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well it looks like I didn't have the belt deflection set right after I put the clutch kit in thanks for the help with my problem.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts