Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just need a lil input. long story short. I buried my Silverado in mud (stuck). I was riding my 2013 Polaris 500 around the truck to access the situation. I had it in 4x4 and in high kinda in a tight pinch(right) turn and gave it pretty good throttle and for a about 1 second blue smoke rose from i assume the belt housing. I guess I should have had in low range. But just wondering if anybody has had this happen? Once I shifted into low never had anymore problems. P.S. Paid $100 for a wrecker to pull my tractor and truck out which I thought was reasonable.....pay to play.....lol

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
You should always use low gear when in mud. Your belt life depends on a lot of different things and situations. Depends on how the new belt was broken in and how it has been driven. Are aftermarket tires involved, thick mud, towing, etc?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tried to break it in easy, pasture riding, dirt roads basically on the farm. I do have after market ITP Mudlites XL on the rear and Kenda Executioner on the front pretty aggressive. Plus I had the wheels turn hard right in a bind so I think it was my fault in high gear. Its all good now just wanted to get some feed back...thanks

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
You would benefit from proper clutching if you have not done so already. A good clutch kit from QSC would help to lengthen your belt life, especially with aftermarket tires.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Probably look into it as Spring time rolls aroiund
You would benefit from proper clutching if you have not done so already. A good clutch kit from QSC would help to lengthen your belt life, especially with aftermarket tires.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts