Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just got 2 scramblers 500 and sat my boyfriends belt broke and fell off. The guy who we are going to take it to said if the belt flew out the casing is broke. It Will cost a lot to get a new one. The belt didn't fly off it just fell when we stopped. Can it fall out without the casing being damaged?

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
What "casing" are you refering to? Clutch Cover, Clutch or Engine Casing??? My guess.... when the belt broke, it likely broke the clutch housing cover?

Do you have pictures? Find out exactly what broke and report back.... belts aren't hard to replace, depending on your mechnical ability!

Sorry, but you "Goota Pay To Play"

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Think its the housing cover. No I don't have any pics. While we where riding he stopped and said it wasn't driving right. Then there was a small piece of a belt on the ground. He called an ATV place they said it probably broke where the belt is located if some fell out. Said its an air tight place so it shouldn't come out. We where just seeing if that was true to see about how we are looking at in fixing it.

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
I think the complete inner and outer church covers run about $150, need to pull both clutches off to replace it. Total job should take about an hour.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
how big of a piece was on the ground? the pieces shouldn't be able to get out of the clutch cover unless they broke when the belt went, but if it's just a shred of a belt and the drain plug was out it could potentially fall out. but if it's larger than say 3/16" the likelihood of it actually falling out of the drain plug hole are slim to none.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts