Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so over the weekend I took the X2 out. Going around an oval flat path (see attached) and ended up putting it on it side. Only going about 15 mph and not hurt.

But the 2012 X2 Polaris was hurt. Very shocked that front right tire lower A arm is bent (wheel is crooked) and can't drive. See attached

Talked to dealer today and they said to bring it in. Warranty is up but I do have the Polaristar Extended Warranty which may cover it. Dealer said accidents need to go through insurance; defects are covered by warranty. They are to look at it and Polaris is to make the call.

I'm shocked that this happened and so are several other ATVs. I know someone that did a similar thing on his Kawasaski and no issues. Just pushed it back up.

Any suggestions in getting this covered? See the picture attached.

If Polaris doesn't cover it, how big of an effort would it be to replace myself. Looked at it and it looks like it is only the a arm lower right along with the bushing. Thanks in advance!!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Holy crap.......that had to be bent previously for it to buckle

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
Saw somebody do this a month ago when he hit a small stump and ended up rolling. Was traveling at maybe 20 mph at the time. I think it's crazy how friable these a arms are on 800+ lb machines. Good luck getting it covered and glad you weren't hurt!

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I don't think it will be too bad. I changed one on my 06 after I flipped it.

I would rather bend/break an A-arm than a frame or frame mount. Kind of like a crumple zone in a car.

Sean

1 - 4 of 4 Posts