Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, here is my dilemma.

I was cutting down a couple of pine trees around my house yesterday.
They were leaning toward the house, so I had my dad come by and hooked my 2013 850XP EPS LE to the tree with a long rope.

He was backing up as the tree was coming down and bumped a tree behind him.

It bent the round bar that I would call the rear bumper, but obviously that is not what polaris calls it…it's the round bar that has the limited edition sticker on it, just below the rear storage box.

My question is what is this bar called, so that I can try to find it online and order one? I would like one with the Limited Edition sticker on it, to keep it original.

Also, it looks like it should be fairly easy to replace, does anyone know if I am correct?

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have replaced one before, it was very easy to do. Rockymountainatv has them and they have a diagram for you to order them by the part. I'm not sure about the sticker part though.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fly, I tried searching grab bar…Thanks

nrweaver, I went there and think I found it, but not sure what to do about the "limited edition" sticker.

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Might have to get the sticker from a dealer.

If I remember correctly and were twlkng about the same part, I think we are.....it was called weld support rear rack.

·
Registered
944 Posts
It's a long shot, but if you have to, use a hair dryer or heatgun (on low) to warm and then slowly peel off the sticker.

Not sure if you know this , but fwiw..... When pulling a rope on a tree to be cut, the safest and best way is to tie to tree, then run it to another tree where you use a pulley, then back past the tree to be cut and then on to the tow vehicle. This way you're pulling it away from you.

·
Registered
595 Posts
I think it's, 1015776-067 Support, Rack, Rear, Black

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Talon, that is the one I was thinking it was.

Thanks for the help my friends!

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's a long shot, but if you have to, use a hair dryer or heatgun (on low) to warm and then slowly peel off the sticker.

Not sure if you know this , but fwiw..... When pulling a rope on a tree to be cut, the safest and best way is to tie to tree, then run it to another tree where you use a pulley, then back past the tree to be cut and then on to the tow vehicle. This way you're pulling it away from you.
I did know that, and usually use this method. However one of my loser friends borrowed my long rope and says he can't find it. So I had to pull in a straight line with the tee.
Thanks

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1 - 11 of 11 Posts