Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking at getting a bit more out of my 2011 850xp eps, im not getting bigger tires just 26" bighorns and highlifter HD springs in the front to keept the front end from diving so much in the corners, i do alot of fast riding on old railbeds and dirt roads but some of them are pretty twisty, not a mud rider. Which clutch kit will give best mid range power for coming out of corners hard, will i lose much top end or bottem end with cetain kits, thanks

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
I have a qsc kit on the shelf ready to ship for you. Will give smoother engagement, stronger low and mid range power with a much better backshift to keep the power on tap coming out of the corners. It's by far the most popular kit out there for the 850s. $239 to your door in Canada and will ship the same day you order if before 2pm central time.

·
Registered
455 Posts
QSC clutch all the way

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a qsc kit on the shelf ready to ship for you. Will give smoother engagement, stronger low and mid range power with a much better backshift to keep the power on tap coming out of the corners. It's by far the most popular kit out there for the 850s. $239 to your door in Canada and will ship the same day you order if before 2pm central time.
How is the install and are you able to ship usps because we get nailed at the border in brokerage fees.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
I bought one from him and it came usps. No brokerage fee.

The install was pretty easy. Just look up a walkthru on youtube.

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
What they said. LOL I always ship USPS to Canada. I have a couple friends up there and know all about the bad brown truck.

x93pgtx and walley, you guys get them installed? What you think?

·
Registered
34 Posts
i just bought a 2011 850 xp and im going with a dalton kit from truro ns

·
Registered
34 Posts
yes ive had three machines with there product i just bought this bike smashed so it will b a project bike for shure but im definately putting a kit in the clutch

·
Registered
170 Posts
I have a '13 850 HO XP with 26" Bighorns.
I'm looking for a "sportier feel" to trail riding. The stock setup has a pretty tame feeling, though it does just keep on pulling....

What do you recommend to fix this?

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
The standard trail kit should be perfect for you. Pretty much summed up in the post you quoted. $229 ashipped in the lower 48, $10 more to Canada. Easiest to call me to order.
651-707-6706
Ryan

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
The standard trail kit should be perfect for you. Pretty much summed up in the post you quoted. $229 ashipped in the lower 48, $10 more to Canada. Easiest to call me to order.
651-707-6706
Ryan
What is included in the kit? Will help with bigger tires?

Thanks,

Will
2012 Sportsman 400HO.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Ryan, Will the engine rev higher with the clutch kit at a given speed than with stock setup?

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
William, Kit components vary by model and tire size, etc. Minimum you get weights and springs for both clutches. That's $219 plus shipping. Some need a helix change as well and that runs an additional $80-100 depending on the helix style. In my opinion as well as my 20+ years of professional experience, bigger tires absolutely require changes in your clutch components. A kit is just the easiest and most cost effective way to do it. You could start buying different springs and weights and experimenting on a dyno and the trails till you get it right of you want to. But why would you when there are companies out there have already done it for you? Proper clutching will give you back the low end and mid range power the bigger, heavier, great ratio changing tires took away and can also be designed to give you specific performance needs as desired. Every qsc kit it's set up specifically for you and your machine based on the info you give me.

1Gunner, There are usually slight variances to rpms at different speeds and loads based on the components used. From what I've seen and the feedback I've gotten from my customers and from Adam the change is typically less than 150 rpm throughout the range with the qsc kits. The weight profile is different and during rates are different so it all stays in check. I've got a 2 week money back guarantee on every kit I sell minus shipping in case anyone it's worried about how they perform. The best part of the 550 and 850 kits is how smooth the engagement is and how much more low and mid range power is there. There is about a 3-4 mph loss on top end, but the gains everywhere else are well worth it IMO.

·
Registered
43 Posts
What about the EPI sports utility kit? I've mounted an EPI kit into my 850, but not tested out with wheels on.

Sent from my LT25i using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
I tried the epi kit and want happy with it. Qsc has done head to head testing and out performs the epi stuff in all conditions.I have tested dozens of epi springs in snowmobile kits and most of the time they are the same rate as the stock ones, just painted a different color. They also use all Polaris weights so you're not getting any different application of power to most cases as well. The only thing different is the helix and that is usually just a couple degree difference on start angle to sift a little faster or slower off the line.

All that said, most consumers aren't concerned with what they are getting as long as it feels like it performs better. Your butt dyno along with your wallet will always tell you it was money well spent. The time and money spent by the kit mfg well determine how well spent the money really was.

The design, engineering, testing, and years of racing behind the qsc kits make them far superior to any other brand of church kit out there, in my opinion. But your epi kit will do what you are looking for I bet. Give you back the lost power from the bigger tires.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Ok. I'll try it when i put wheels on again in the spring. Damn that I did'nt find this forum earlier! Feels like People here in Sweden has no much knowledge about ATV's and things related to it... :rolleyes:

Sent from my LT25i using Tapatalk

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have a QSC with 26" bighorns. Adam explained to me the horns are a bit heavy and a little oversize. He hooked me up with the kit for one size over stock tires. It is an amazing transformation for only an hours work. Really improves the machine. I cant comment on the rpm change however, I removed the plastic spacer that limits top end speed when I put the clutch in. Like you I run high speed fire roads and rail-beds. I spend lots of time at 65+ MPH.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts