Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for the best hand guards for me and the wifes Polaris Atvs. Would appreciate your opinion and where we can find them. AND can I can get them in CAMO since we both have Browning editions. Thanks

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
I use the Polaris brand and like them, but don't have any thing to compare to

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
where did you get yours at Indy???

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Buck ....I got the Acerbis Uniko ones...they are bar end mounts...nice hand guards....little expensive ,,but they are nice...I like the bar end mount adds side protection also...plus lots of room to work brake lever..some i seen are sorta cramped...and on the bar mounts can be used also with the kit if wanted later...here take a look....

as far as the camo..there was a guy on ebay selling camo skins for them...I got the army green ones ...it almost matches my sage green

Acerbis Uniko ATV Handguard - Chaparral Motorsports

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Al...Ill go check them out!

·
Registered
679 Posts
Buck ....I got the Acerbis Uniko ones...they are bar end mounts...nice hand guards....little expensive ,,but they are nice...I like the bar end mount adds side protection also...plus lots of room to work brake lever..some i seen are sorta cramped...and on the bar mounts can be used also with the kit if wanted later...here take a look....

as far as the camo..there was a guy on ebay selling camo skins for them...I got the army green ones ...it almost matches my sage green

Acerbis Uniko ATV Handguard - Chaparral Motorsports
Those look more for debris and brush protection than for wind with all the holes in it. Am I wrong on that?

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
At the Polaris Dealer

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I agree Indy

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
i ride in the cold all the time and no wind on hands...I thot i would ..but they work great...i seen two reviews here on them and asked and both said no wind on hands...I figured worse case senerio if they got windy i would cover the hole,,but they are good....I did not want big bulky ones..more of a catch all..I got them to deflect pricker bushes mostly but worked good plowing and riding in cold weather

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I like your shield Indy...you get that at the Dealer too

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
They look good Al!

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
I had the PowerMadd brand for a week and ditched them for the newer style Pure Polaris ones. Much better quality and fit/finish than the PMadds. The Pure actually look like they belong on the machine unlike the other brands out there. Got them on EBAY. Here is a comparison pic:

Handguards.jpg

·
Registered
978 Posts
if you search "hand guards who has them" You'll get all the info you need

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Sweeeeeettttt!!!

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
yep its not a big one but it does put the wind up, and I like the looks

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
i wear Neoprene 5mm gloves in the winter riding....my hands never got cold even before the hand guards...they fit like a second skin...not bulky..very flexible...and WARM...see lots of guys that Ice fish use them...can tie knots with them..lol....

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nice!!!

·
Registered
978 Posts
I run the pure polaris ones and it made plowing and driving across the lake for ice fishing way better

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
I will eventually switch out to the cycra probend crm when I get flexx bars. They are spendy, but I like the full wrap design.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts