Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is best front axle for stock height and tire size? I broke a front axle....

·
Registered
373 Posts
What is best front axle for stock height and tire size? I broke a front axle....
I have gone thru a lot of eBay Chinese axles to popular brands in mud races and found my home at super Atv. There axle is by far the strongest with best no nonsense warranty for the money. They run about $200 each.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have gone thru a lot of eBay Chinese axles to popular brands in mud races and found my home at super Atv. There axle is by far the strongest with best no nonsense warranty for the money. They run about $200 each.
and are these axles as strong as gorilla axle or other axles that mud guys use? I don't really care about the price, I just don't want to break it again.

·
Premium Member
12,401 Posts
Gorilla or highlifter pro series would be the way to go.

·
Registered
531 Posts
if your not planing on lifting or putting big tires american CV there a little better than stock but not as good as gorilla but half the cost

·
Registered
373 Posts
what about oem axle from earlier model year xp? hear they are much stronger
Are they still available?
2009 is the year to get them from. The outter bell of cv is 79mm vs 73 now. There is a set for sale in classifieds listed as 2013 but they are the 2009 model from looking at cv bell machining.

The highlighter & gorilla models I tried cv joints ran hot which I did not care for. Like I said earlier the super Atv axles held up best plus warranty from what I hear is second to none!

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
The real HD axles like gorillas are made to be cooled by being submerged all the time, so blasting bush roads will overheat and blow the boots.
Just about every aftermarket option will be better then stock, so since your not lifted just go for rhinos.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I've never heard that before. Not that I don't believe you but did you read it somewhere? Or was it word of mouth? Them things must get really hot.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Look at highlifter DHT axles

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
my dealer only change the outer joint under warranty, not the whole axle... so better axles will be only for the next time it will break

·
Registered
188 Posts
I personally really like the HL DHT axles, I haven't had any problems with them. Rhinos are also good, although I haven't had any experience personally with them. But money is no object axles I would go with Gorilla, Cobra, Turner, or HL Pro Series.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
I've never heard that before. Not that I don't believe you but did you read it somewhere? Or was it word of mouth? Them things must get really hot.
Last atv ride gabbing with a guy who had a lifted 900xp RZR, said it happened to him, also recommended DHTs

·
Registered
531 Posts
Its the same as the sportsman

·
Registered
133 Posts
The highlighter & gorilla models I tried cv joints ran hot which I did not care for. Like I said earlier the super Atv axles held up best plus warranty from what I hear is second to none!
Rick,

Any thoughts on the Cobra axles? Somebody posted on here a picture of the Cobra next to a broken Gorilla axle and the Cobra was actually slightly larger and doesn't run hot (so the internet says). $250 each and I read they have a lifetime warranty.

I took my chances and ordered a set this afternoon....

1 - 20 of 23 Posts