Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2013 850xps giving me problems starting, i fish in toronto, gets very cold, down to -5 degres, what is the BEST cold weather battery on the market that will fit my machine?? thanks

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Not sure if its the best or not but I put in Odyssey 925L's into both my 850's. I would venture that that my temps are a tad colder than where you are.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I used an AGM battery from Batterymart, in my sportsman and an Oddessy in my motorcycle and Xterra. Both have been good. Probably the best thing for any battery, especially In the cold is a good battery maintainer when sitting.
Cold here in Minnesota.... Minus 15 F. Tonight

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Odyssey 925L is an AGM battery. The L stands for the side the positive terminal is on.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the pick, how is that gonna fit in the space provided ??? im confused ??? thats twice as big ??? do they send along a new battery tray ???? that battery will fit in my 2013 850 le xps ????

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
The factory battery sits on its side. You get an extra inch from taking out the spacer and it will then sit about an inch higher than the stock one. I don't have any pictures of mine installed here so you will have to trust me that they will fit. I have put in two and there are likely another 25-30 guys on this forum who have done the same. Your rack still fits, you do not need a new tie down as it fits so snug.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok got it, i see what you mean know....got it.....thank you, any idea what you think i should pay ror the new battery ???and i noticed you have a 2012 and i have a 2013, i am assuming they are the same design ?? thank you very much.....

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
All the Xp's are the same fro 09 on both 550 and 850. As for cost I paid 185 shipped to my door.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
A DEKA may not be the best but it won't disappoint as well. I use them in everything.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts