Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to add electronic power steering to my 2011 550 XP. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Super Atv would be my first choice.
I've not used one of their kits, but from what I've read I would second that remark.

I have pointed my brother in their direction for an EPS kit for his 500HO.

As an FYI, my dealer estimated 3 hours to do the install at $85.00/hr shop rate.

Some of the techies here could comment on the estimated time, as I'm sure they have a good idea of the time it takes to do this.

Good luck and let us know what you do.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Wow I thought the last time I looked at that kit it was $650. Wonder if component pricing went up.

·
Premium Member
2,420 Posts
I put the SuperATV EZSteer kit in my 2010 550 two years ago. Wanted it for the tracks I use in the winter. Been almost flawless - they stand behind their stuff and they replaced the part that was problematic - since changed in the kit.
I would say 3 hours would be good for an experienced "wrench turner". Not hard to do, just a lot to do and keep track of all the parts that need to be set off in order to do the install.
Recommend you read the instructions and look at the parts in the kit until you have a really good understanding of what everything is and where it goes.
It's up $100 from when I bought mine. I'd call them and talk to them, price might be reduced.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts