Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am ready to pull the trigger on new tires and rims! Where is the best place to buy pitbull growler tires and Elixir wheels?
Thanks,
Johnny

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, I am trying to be lazy and buy the tires and wheels from the same place so they can mount them for me so when they arrive all I have to do is off and on with the lug nuts...lol

·
Registered
62 Posts
I've bought a set of Rockers and a set of Growlers from Discount Tire and been very happy with them and I have bought several sets of rims from Rocky Mountain ATV and been happy with them as well.
I also looked for 1 place to buy tires and rims from but couldn't find any place that carried both items I wanted so I just ordered from both places and had the local tire shop mount them.
The last setup I bought was 27.5 Growlers and M17 Elixir's for my Outlander.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How do you like the growlers? How are they in mud?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Also, I am torn between the 26.5 or the 27.5. How do you like the larger 27.5? Did you also get a clutch kit or need spacers? I realize you are on a Outlander, but I am curious.

·
Premium Member
7,687 Posts
FYI gonna need new lug nuts for those rims.

·
Registered
62 Posts
The Growlers do good for a none mud tire in soupy or medium mud but never had them in really sticky mud but the only think that works in that stuff is a real mud tire. The only time I got almost stuck is when the ruts in the mud hole were deep enough I was sitting on my skid plates but was finally able to get out in reverse.
I'm not very familiar with the 800 but I now my rear tires and wheels together are well over 50lbs a piece and the fronts are like 49 so I think a clutch kit would make a huge difference.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the reply. I appreciate it!

·
Registered
275 Posts
I got my Growlers from ATVoutfitters in Greer,S.C. They were just a few dollars less than Discount Tires. Would had to pay sales tax if bought from Discount so was able to save on the tax also.That and they had them in stock so I could see them first...lol Give them a call.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well the only place that I could even find the Pitbull Growlers in stock was at discount tire. Just ordered (2) 26.5 x 9 x 12 and (2) 26.5 x 11 x 12
I also ordered the Elixir M17 wheels from Motorcycle Superstore.
I will post some Picts when they are installed.
Thanks for all the advice!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well the only place that I could even find the Pitbull Growlers in stock was at discount tire. Just ordered (2) 26.5 x 9 x 12 and (2) 26.5 x 11 x 12
I also ordered the Elixir M17 wheels from Motorcycle Superstore.
I will post some Picts when they are installed.
Thanks for all the advice!
Here are the picts of the new Pitbull Growlers on Elixir M17 wheels:
IMG_0057.jpg

IMG_0060.jpg

IMG_0088.jpg

IMG_0066.jpg

·
Registered
109 Posts
Tires & Wheels

Nice setup! Looks great. You'll love those tires...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts