Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought about drilling through rear cargo door but don't really want to do that. Where is everyone mounting these? Your input is greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I mount mine under the rear tool box between the bars underneath. I just use plastic zip ties . I don't keep my plate on all the time. If we ride on gov land we have to have the plate on the machine . If I ride anywhere else I take it off.:)

·
Registered
455 Posts
Not sure what the back of a '14 looks like but on mine theres a round bar that runs under the storage box and I used two round rubber lined bar clamps with tabs that the license hangs from and can swing if hit somehow so it's not all beat up and ugly. Plastic zip ties are great except the sun down here destroys them, in about 3 months they're brittle.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I used the bracket that would have the muffler for the 850 sportsmans. I'm not sure if the 400 has a sideways muffler or not, but this is what I did. Made my own license plate out of sheet metal at work.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Should be a little bar (frame) under the trunk.... zip tie it on!

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Not sure what the back of a '14 looks like but on mine theres a round bar that runs under the storage box and I used two round rubber lined bar clamps with tabs that the license hangs from and can swing if hit somehow so it's not all beat up and ugly. Plastic zip ties are great except the sun down here destroys them, in about 3 months they're brittle.
Make sure you use Black Ties. They are UV resistant.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts