Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,
Kicking around the idea of getting a plow for our 2010 850EPS Touring. We will be using it on our dirt road driveway at our cabin and around home.

-What's a good plow for this application?
-Best plow for ground clearance?
-Front mount vs. mid mount?
-Hydraulic vs. Winch?
-Snow blade size?
-Extension for use with snow tracks?

-We have tracks on our ride and wondering if anyone else uses a plow and snow track combination?

-Are tires better for plowing than tracks?

This is all new to us and thanks in advance for your replies, thoughts, and some pics of tracks and plows would be wonderful.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 13' Sportsman 500HO with a 54" Warn Provantage mid mount. Superwinch operated with 26" Zillas. Plows like a boss.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My neighbor has tracks on his 800 can am. He said it plows way better with the tracks than the tires. He plowed a huge drift out of my back driveway with just a few passes with the tracks on, it would have taken me much longer since I have tires only. The tracks don't spin out like tires do when plowing. He also had to build and extension for his plow since the tracks stick out the front further than the tires.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
4 Posts
Also, after watching him plow with tracks, I want some because it plowed so much better. If only they weren't $$$.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

1 - 4 of 4 Posts