Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I'm fixing up my 04.5 Sportsman 500 H.O. Well I got a rip in my seat cover up in front right where it starts to bend over the seat. So which is the best seat cover, as in holding up, and looking good. Preferably not OEM as the POLARIS on the side rubs off. What do yall have? Thanks

·
11,162 Posts
You can get a slip on cover for about $50 but I usually take them to a local upholstery shop and the lady there recovers them just like factory for $50. She'll even add an extra inch of foam for a softer ride for an additional $10.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well there isnt one near where I live so is there any aftermarket ones that are worth having?

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
I have a camo seat cover i got from ebay that i stapled on myself and i am beyond happy with it!!! It has held up for a summer now of abuse and still looks fresh out of the box. It was custom cut to fit my bike just as they do for others as well. Was like 50 bucks i think.

Matt

·
Registered
392 Posts
I have a camo seat cover i got from ebay that i stapled on myself and i am beyond happy with it!!! It has held up for a summer now of abuse and still looks fresh out of the box. It was custom cut to fit my bike just as they do for others as well. Was like 50 bucks i think.

Matt
Sounds awesome! Can you post some pics of your set up to include the bottom of the seat just so we can see how you stapled the cover to the seat. I'm thinking about doing the same thing.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Chances are pretty good your new will tear in the same places again if you don't fix the reason it did it to start with.
I've had a couple bikes and sleds this was happening with.

WHile you have the old cover off, take a wrasp or coarse file and get after the sharp/rough edges of the plastic seat pan in that area. Take the plastic down a bit around those corers and high spots. You may even glue a couple small pieces of your old cover material or leather over the corners too. Then install your new cover and you should get it to last for a while.
Before starting to do this I was having the rip and re-covering them, just to have them tear again in the exact place within a dew rides.
Talk about getting mad....

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ahh I see... I will have to do that. And I appreciate all the help!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts