Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! I am a new member in need of some recommendations for a snow plow kit. I have a 2009 Polaris Sportsman 500 and would like to attach a snow plow to it. I know that Polaris makes a kit and I believe Kolpin makes one as well. I also intend to put a winch on the machine. Can anyone recommend a good plow system? Thanks. Tony

·
Registered
250 Posts
Nice to have you here with us Tony. I don't have anything smart to tell you but we've been shopping for one as well. Mostly at Craigslist for a used one that's near by. I will say that I worked with Eagle plows some years ago, and thought they were well made.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Hi all! I am a new member in need of some recommendations for a snow plow kit. I have a 2009 Polaris Sportsman 500 and would like to attach a snow plow to it. I know that Polaris makes a kit and I believe Kolpin makes one as well. I also intend to put a winch on the machine. Can anyone recommend a good plow system? Thanks. Tony
Check out Denali plows & Viper winches. I have both on my machine.
Here's a link where I purchased them: https://shop.rvsperformance.com/Sportsman-500_c666.htm

·
Registered
11 Posts
If your only use for the winch is holding the plow up, then get a Badlands 2500 winch from Harbor Freight, like $50. I bought my 08 500 used with the plow, I don't know what brand it is. Has a Warn 3500, which is overkill for what I use it for...

My 04 400 has a Polaris Glacial plow system, slick on/off feature, I have a Warn 2500 on that one.

·
Vendor
399 Posts
Check out Denali plows & Viper winches. I have both on my machine.
Here's a link where I purchased them: https://shop.rvsperformance.com/Sportsman-500_c666.htm

Thanks! RVS is a great dealer of ours and Ryan is an awesome guy.

I can help through PM with anyone interested as well, or you can head to our website as we are the manufacturer of the DENALI plows. Thanks and good luck with your choices.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I bought a the Denali from Motoalliance and am glad I did. I got it a couple years ago and the price shipped to my door at that time was less then half of picking up a Polaris plow locally. Quality is great, installation was easy, and once the mounting bracket is on it is less then 1 minutes to get the plow on and off.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I bought a the Denali from Motoalliance and am glad I did. I got it a couple years ago and the price shipped to my door at that time was less then half of picking up a Polaris plow locally. Quality is great, installation was easy, and once the mounting bracket is on it is less then 1 minutes to get the plow on and off.

Same thing here. Have had it for three years and still going strong. Just ran it for 4 hours today pushing 6” of snow. Back when I got it it was about a third of the price of the big names locally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
351 Posts
This past weekend was the first real snow we have had in the years I have had the Denali. We got about 9 inches of snow but I had some pretty deep drifts in my 600 foot driveway. Plow preformed perfectly on my drive and I pushed snow from 4 of my neighbors driveways. Right now I am right on the line of a big storm this coming weekend. Some news stations are calling for up to 12 or more inches and high winds, could be a real doozy.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I got the Glacier plow from polaris...until I moved here to florida, it's worked flawlessly and is easy to use....some of the best money I've ever spent.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts