Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I am in the process of fixing up my Sportsman 500. Which wheel spacers are the best, and do they have the same stock stud sizes?? And is there nay chance spacers can mess my ride up? Thanks

·
Registered
166 Posts
Adding spacers may stop you from access through some areas. Personally I don't care for spacers as You are adding someplace for the nuts to come loose and as they are out of view probably won't get checked, also I feel they add a bit of stress to the bearings as the weight is not carried as designed. I do not care for spacers, but that is just my opinion.

Fred

I have my Flame Suit on ! !

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alright I appreciate it!

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Are you adding bigger tires and need clearance?

Matt

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well where I live it's all hillside. So I should gain stability, and it looks pretty sweet. But If they dont have the same stock stud sizes I will do without them.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
4/156 is the stud pattern and www.superatv.com has the for best price i have found. I love the added look and function my 1" spacers gave me!!!

Matt

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Yea I know the bolt pattern but is the studs the same length and diameter as the stock studs? I wanna make sure I can still run my aftermarket wheels

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
They were actually about an 1/8" longer over stock.

Matt

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ahh thanks so much man! You just helped me and my ride out so much!

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
No prob buddy!

Matt

1 - 10 of 10 Posts