Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm not going to call out the specific vendor as you can review the shipping and handling costs yourself but I recently tried to buy several items from a specific vendor that is popular on this site and the shipping costs were $100 more than compared to another vendor with the same or cheaper product prices. Do your homework before you submit your order. I ended up buying directly from Ricochet and got it cheaper with their 10% coupon code. This vendor wanted almost $120 dollars for UPS shipping from Illinois to Indiana which is absurd. It was only $28 from the other supplier who was further from me so their so called "lowest prices" were BS once you factor in their bloated shipping and handling.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Some places also charge you by the price how much you spend depends on how much you pay for shipping It doesn't matter if shipping is only 5 dollars if you spend 200 dollars you paid 30 dollars in shipping and if you live in Canada or somewhere like that you could spend as much is 80 dollars in shipping. that's why I try to ship USPS

·
Registered
619 Posts
Is this Website considered a "Prefered Vendor"? If so, why do people patronize that vendor and pay more. I shop where I find the best deal on TOTAL cost to get it to my door, it's worth the time to hunt deals.

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
I cant buy from south of the border, too expensive. The UPS cornholes us the duties, which equals or exceeds the price of the item.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I cant buy from south of the border, too expensive. The UPS cornholes us the duties, which equals or exceeds the price of the item.
You need someone in the states to forward stuff to you? I'm all for screwing the Government out of duties! Just kidding, but that sucks

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Yep I don't buy from one vendor or the other based where they support or what they support I buy where ever is cheaper shipping and all

2013 850ho

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
The real price is all time hidden in the small prints.:cowboy:
The shipping of the item I bought was on the site, added to my bill, which I paid.

UPS hammers us with a duty when they deliver, no pay, no item.

Not the fault of the vendor,cant & wont blame them.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
I would assume we are talking about Thor and ATVWarehouse. I have bought lots from him incuding two sets of a arm guards and a guru rack. My total shipping to a drop box in the states was less than $80. I dont think that was too bad and his customer service for me was outstanding.

Yes buyer beware, thats your job as consumer. I am sorry your experience was poor, mine wasnt so I continue to deal with him.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
You have to watch the same thing on EBAY. It will list an item at a good price then look down and shipping is out of the world.

Ronnie

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Try buying from atvoutfitters.net if you want to save some money. Same products with less cash. 864-630-7433.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Some places also charge you by the price how much you spend depends on how much you pay for shipping It doesn't matter if shipping is only 5 dollars if you spend 200 dollars you paid 30 dollars in shipping and if you live in Canada or somewhere like that you could spend as much is 80 dollars in shipping. that's why I try to ship USPS
Well this was a whopping 121 miles in the lower 48. I could have drove their cheaper.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
i now i ordered 2 flat washers for my clutch from a place 68 miles from me they charged me 14.00 in shipping and handling they could have put them in a envelope for a 1.00

·
Registered
209 Posts
I just orderd A Arm Gaurds from Thor, to ship to Canada was $65 + duty + brokerage fees so I had them sent to Port Huron to a shipping depot for I think $27. I will have an hours drive plus time at the boarder and should save close to $80-$100 if they don't make me pay duty

·
Premium Member
3,843 Posts
I just orderd A Arm Gaurds from Thor, to ship to Canada was $65 + duty + brokerage fees so I had them sent to Port Huron to a shipping depot for I think $27. I will have an hours drive plus time at the boarder and should save close to $80-$100 if they don't make me pay duty
Not every Canadian can take advantage of picking up the orders on our side of the border. Because of this almost all of our Ricochet armor kits ship via USPS priority mail to Canada to save our customers the crazy broker fees. All calculations are from the factory in Utah to your door. The only ATV kit that we can not ship USPS is for the new SP400/500/800. The belly is too large for USPS to touch.

All our US orders ship via UPS and the shipping is also based on weight & box size from the Ricochet factory in Utah to your door. Any questions feel free to call me at the shop, drop me email or PM.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
i now i ordered 2 flat washers for my clutch from a place 68 miles from me they charged me 14.00 in shipping and handling they could have put them in a envelope for a 1.00
Same thing with Cabelas. I ordered some new rubber straps for my ATV gun racks. They could have shipped them in an envelope. But instead shipped them in a huge box! I sent them an e-mail asking why this happened and got the usual form reply that it was just store policy, yadda yadda yadda.

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Being in Canada, USPS is the only cost effective choice if your in no hurry. Normally takes about 2 weeks for something to show up at my door. Shipping out I only use postal to keep price low. I suppose I can't speak for everyone in this country, but I HATE UPS!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts