Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I have an 09 850 with 500 hours . I am wondering if anyone has found a big bore kit that is nice and rideable, but gives noticeable improvement. I have a QSC kit for this an a Magnum chip. I see JE makes pistons for this. Has anyone tried these? How much will this give? Can you use someone’s else’s cam and head work with these? Any other mods y have done worth doing? Thanks in advance Terry

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
Just be advised, the cylinders cannot simply bored and new pistons fit - the cylinders are plated liners. To be bored, the plating must be removed, the hole bored, replated and honed to clearance. The job typically costs appx. $500 to have the upper half of the block machined. The factor in the cost of the pistons, special gasket set, incidental parts like crankshaft bearing inserts, rod bearing inserts, cam chain, high lift cam, head work, exhaust header and low restriction muffler to compliment the engine work and you are at $5000 or more for 20% more power. Just get a 1000cc vehicle and save the time and expense.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya that is what I was thinking was going to happen. I did a big bore on my Suzuki 700 with just the pistons and headwork cost$1500 and got a whole lot more power,still added nitrous. Thanks for the reply T

1 - 3 of 3 Posts