Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I add on a Big Gun Exo slip on exhaust on my 2014 850xp do I also have to purchase a TFI power box for remapping? I thought I seen a post about sending your ecu in to someone! That gets expensive if you have to buy both.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Most times slip-on - No
Most times full exhaust - Yes

I have BG slips and no issues on stock map.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh its typically just full exhaust swaps? That would be great if no ill effect, I have a local guy that bought one and then had to sell his bike before it arrived in the mail and I might pick it up for $250 or less if he is real desperate =)

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Oh its typically just full exhaust swaps? That would be great if no ill effect, I have a local guy that bought one and then had to sell his bike before it arrived in the mail and I might pick it up for $250 or less if he is real desperate =)
I’d be very surprised if you needed a tune with a slip on. I’d buy it up

Reactions: ID850XP

·
Registered
51 Posts
Should be fine. Ran that set-up on my 1000 scrammy with no issues. If it runs too lean (backfiring/popping a lot when you let off the throttle) you'll need to look at a tuner or sending your ecu to RVS Performance. Most slip-ons are fine without needing tuning.

·
Registered
2 Posts
yeah your definitely gonna wanna get a power box for it I got the slip on and it spit and sputtered at low speeds just got mine installed today and it’s so much better and very easy to setup

1 - 6 of 6 Posts