Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey ive been on here a while and other forums.. was looking and couldnt find any info on my bike so i decided to ask about it.

i have a 2017 sportsman 570 that i picked up for a reasonable price around xmas. it has the big gun full exhaust and power box, however i did not get any instructions with the tuner so im not sure if its on the correct tune. i looked it up online and all i could find was yt vids for rzr 1000. whats the best tune for power for my bike? im running 32s with a clutch kit. it probably needs a belt soon and its a ripper, but i feel like i could get some more power out of it and i want to make sure im not running it lean. it doesnt stall on acceleration and is really jumpy but it does pop when slowing back down and ive had a couple low backfires out of her every now and then. any help would be appreciated.

2nd issue is how do yall keep the exhaust studs at the manifold in your bike? ive cranked the heck out of mine and they still rattle loose constantly.

btw pic is a couple weeks back.. has more extras on it now lol

Attachments

·
Registered
6,634 Posts
Double nut the studs is the easiest way to keep the nut tight

Backfire out of the exhaust with a low restriction muffler is normal and doesn't hurt anything, it's just annoying

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
okay. wheres the spark plug at on these things? couldnt find it when i looked a while back. was gonna check that to see if i was running lean/rich

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the studs are the hex head bolt in type that came with the exhaust.

·
9,867 Posts
It is a Big Gun exhaust and power box you're asking about, right? So why would you not just go to the BG website and watch the video produced by the folks that make and sell the item you want to know about?
They also a full set of instructions to download for whichever box you have. Seems like you're bound to get more accurate information from them rather than somebody on a forum??

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It is a Big Gun exhaust and power box you're asking about, right? So why would you not just go to the BG website and watch the video produced by the folks that make and sell the item you want to know about?
They also a full set of instructions to download for whichever box you have. Seems like you're bound to get more accurate information from them rather than somebody on a forum??
youre right and that was my first course of action. however i could not find my power box number which is what you need to find the right instructions. i looked at several and they didnt give the model of atv that they were for so i was kinda lost. the vid that they produced was an example course for a rzr 1000 as i mentioned before. so i guess i need to find out where the part number for my power box is? i looked all over the front of it.. it was zip tied to the snorkel so i couldnt see the back. might check that. thanks for the input though!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
awesome. thanks for the input- i missed that on there.

·
Registered
125 Posts
In terms of the bolts that hold your exhaust on, use blue thread locker + lock washers. They will constantly back out without both of these.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
In terms of the bolts that hold your exhaust on, use blue thread locker + lock washers. They will constantly back out without both of these.
Awesome. Thanks!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thank yall for the help on this one- i retuned the tuner to the suggested stock tune for a 570 (M1: 4, M2: 4.5, M3: 4, M4: 7, M5: 4, M6, 3.5) and she runs awesome now. thanks again

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
will also try the suggested thread lock on the studs (they came with lock washers on them) and see how that does.

·
Registered
21 Posts
This my set up with a stage 2 turn Big gun exhaust and extra air inlet
Mode 1 4 - to 5
Mode 2 4.5 - 5
Mode 3 ref 4
Mode 4 green 7 blue 8
Mode 5 4 yell 8 blue
Mode 6 3.5 red 8 blue

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
This my set up with a stage 2 turn Big gun exhaust and extra air inlet
Mode 1 4 - to 5
Mode 2 4.5 - 5
Mode 3 ref 4
Mode 4 green 7 blue 8
Mode 5 4 yell 8 blue
Mode 6 3.5 red 8 blue
Awesome thanks. You talking about a stage two big gun exhaust? Havnt heard of that before. Got a pic of the air inlet?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Awesome thanks. You talking about a stage two big gun exhaust? Havnt heard of that before. Got a pic of the air inlet?
I have the only Big Gun exhaust available. I got the Big Gun fuel management and a tuner box and have 2 tunes loaded in it to flash the ECU. Bought a stage 1 for just exhaust and a stage 2 for exhaust and air. See pic, I put an additional 1” air inlet. Blue hose and figure I’m getting about 50% more air in box with a K&N air filter

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Haha nice. I dont think thad work on my bike cause its snorkeled and whatnot.. got hoses and tubes rubbing thru there

Attachments

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Oh yea I get that.. I bought mine built like that.. not my type I want a 1000 scrambler cause I like higher speed trail riding, not mud but i couldn't resist the deal i found on this one. I can see the value in a low profile snorkel kit just in case I run up on a deep creek I gotta cross of something but I hate the rad up on the front rack. Looks cool but shakes the heck out of the stoargebox lid and I had to remind it and bolt it down to make it quit. Other than that I love this bike with the tune and clutch kit.. I'll definitely keep it a while.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts