Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I purchased a used big gun exhaust and power box for my 2015 850 sp. the system was off of a '13 850 xp. When i hook up the programmer and attach the ground (to the neg battery terminal or the frame) it blinks no signal on channel one. This is when the key is off and kill switch is also off. Anyone else having the similar issue or have a solution?

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
What does it do when you turn the quad on? And where are you connecting the hot wire? Sounds like you are connecting it to something that is live even with the quad is completely off if you're pulling current with key in off position...?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its a plug and play into the fuel injectors. No trouble codes when it running. It almost seems that there is contant power to injectors and when key is turned on the ecu completes the ground. But being that i am grounding the controller it is conpleting the circuit with the key off.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Interesting. I could be wrong, but I don't think I am...
There should not be one single thing getting constant power from the battery with the key off. If there was you'd never keep a charged battery.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok i figured it out. On 2015 850 sp there is a power off delay after the key is turned off. Kinda like when u turn ur car off and the radio and healights might stay on for "x" amount of time. The only thing is it lasts for what seems like 10 min. (I didnt time it). I guess i just wasnt patient enough. Thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am having similar issue on my 2017 High lifter 850. Big Gun Evo U slip on, big gun power box. All lights working correctly on power box when running. turn key off and green and red lights flash continuously. The only way i have found to stop the flashing is to disconnect the ground wire. Any info greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Ok i figured it out. On 2015 850 sp there is a power off delay after the key is turned off. Kinda like when u turn ur car off and the radio and healights might stay on for "x" amount of time. The only thing is it lasts for what seems like 10 min. (I didnt time it). I guess i just wasnt patient enough. Thanks for the replies.
This is correct, it is normal that the lights flash for like 2 minutes after you turn the key off.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm new to this forum and I love that I found it .. but I have a similar issue right now with 19 850 HL .. when it starts it runs fine and the tuner works , let it sit and it'll drain battery .. to throw in the mix this is my 2nd tuner because the first one did the exact same thing and then the tuner wouldn't even function after about a week .. any tuner gurus ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes ! Got rid of the big gun tuner ..and bought a custom tuner through rvs performance .. big jump in money but it blows the big gun out of the water , even when it worked at its best .. will never buy big gun products again

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes ! Got rid of the big gun tuner ..and bought a custom tuner through rvs performance .. big jump in money but it blows the big gun out of the water , even when it worked at its best .. will never buy big gun products again
Did you ever figure out a way to fix the power issue? Or you just decided to get a new one?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yeah unplug for about half HR then re hook up and it would work .. but another couple weeks it would start draininng my battery again and eventually they both just went out .. wouldn't act as a tuner anymore .. like I said ..if you don't have one yet , don't buy one .. I came to 1000$ in the hole trying to find a tuner that would work ( 2 big guns, and then rvs) and never will I ever buy a big gun product again .. if Ida known I woulda had all those issues I would've went with a rjwc exhaust they sound so much better .. big guns just cheaper .. now I know why

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yeah unplug for about half HR then re hook up and it would work .. but another couple weeks it would start draininng my battery again and eventually they both just went out .. wouldn't act as a tuner anymore .. like I said ..if you don't have one yet , don't buy one .. I came to 1000$ in the hole trying to find a tuner that would work ( 2 big guns, and then rvs) and never will I ever buy a big gun product again .. if Ida known I woulda had all those issues I would've went with a rjwc exhaust they sound so much better .. big guns just cheaper .. now I know why
10/4 thanks man I appreciate it I already have one so I think I am going to buy a switch and split the ground and use a switch to ground it and unground it and see how long it lasts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am having similar issue on my 2017 High lifter 850. Big Gun Evo U slip on, big gun power box. All lights working correctly on power box when running. turn key off and green and red lights flash continuously. The only way i have found to stop the flashing is to disconnect the ground wire. Any info greatly appreciated.
were you able to fix this issue I’m having the same exact problem on my 19 highlifter

1 - 14 of 14 Posts