Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

My name is cody and I have a 2015 sportsman 1000 xp, I'm looking to lift it and modify it enough to fit and run a 38" terminator tire under it, does anyone have any experience lifting an atv this much or has anyone done this before? I was think tires, rims, brake lines, a arms, struts/shocks, tie rods, tougher axles, possibly gear reduction hubs? It will be a bit of a long build but I would like to start planning it thank you for any input.

Cody.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Can you get a Catvos lift and run portals also? You will need massive gear reduction anyway so the portals would be best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I found the portals, they give a 30% reduction, and it says with fender trimming you can run up to a 44" tire so I think that may be the way to go!!

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
http://www.catvosinc.com/
This is the lift company. Glad you found the portals. Sorry I didn't see your message sooner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
898 Posts
Might trade for a new HighLifter lol.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Super atv makes portals.
Most big lifts are 5in ( outkast,highlifter,catvos ) some places will do one off bigger lifts, I remember an 850 with an 8in lift a few yrs ago.
Its not hard to swap the gears in the trans to the highlifter gears and have double the reduction, Made a post on it.
Expect to spend $8-10k to do what you want, axles/lift/portals/rims/tires/clutching
Changed your pinion cover? Polaris Scrambler 850 and 1000 billet pinion cover ? HD ATV Gear

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have heard about the pinion cover issue what exactly is it? It looks ok thus far just curious what the actual issue is. I totaled up what I need off of super atv it's about $8,000 to get all the lift and tire wheels on it. Not including different clutches and/or trans gearing.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
I have heard about the pinion cover issue what exactly is it? It looks ok thus far just curious what the actual issue is. I totaled up what I need off of super atv it's about $8,000 to get all the lift and tire wheels on it. Not including different clutches and/or trans gearing.
The stock cover shatters under heavy load and often ruins the gears in the diff while doing so.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
$160 in the link I posted. Its a thicker piece machined out of billet, while stock is a thin cast piece.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts