Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The polaris hub bearings are a rip off basically. they cost about $24 a piece depaending on how crooked your poalris dealer is. However the brand of the bearing from polaris is Timken and the number is L44643 and You can order these bearings for $3.35 a piece from dixie chopper and $3.50 a piece from grainger as oppsed to $24 from polaris. the more you order the cheaper it is.
your local harley stores should ahve dixie chopper and grainger can be found in most hardware stores. i will gladly get anyone bearings who needs them through paypal.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Good to know. I just replaced my rear, but I still need to do the front.

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
they cost about $24 a piece depaending on how crooked your poalris dealer is.
i do take offense to this. i am a dealership guy, and i know that i personally bust my ass to truthfully and honestly help all of my customers. sure a lot of dealerships are crooked, but not all. and those of use who are not, kinda get pissed when all dealerships are pooled into they same crooked group. polaris tells us how much retail is, we dont make up prices for ourselves. sure, a lot of it is overpriced, but thats no different then any other brand, both ATV and cars. and keep in mind, polaris takes 70%-80% of the retail price, the dealer only about 20%-30%.

so if you ever want me to check retail price on a part #, i can and will for you. just PM me. but please keep in mind there are a few honest folks left in the business who will bend over backwards for you.

good job on finding out the bearing #, im all about saving money.

quick story: my customer need high pressure oil lines for his older polaris, and they were $88 for both lines. sent him with his old lines to the local hydraulic fork lift shop and they custom made him lines from his old ones for $15. he called me to thank me for giving him the idea after he got his new lines, and his now a frequent customer.....just saying, some of us are good guys still

·
Registered
77 Posts
I work inside many car dealerships and see it all the time. Sadly Blueline is right. Manufactures make the prices up and sticks it to the consumer with the dealerships in the middle. Polaris seems to be on the very high side of things. I too found that out when looking for a new cooling fan for my bike. Polaris list was something like $375, dealer was $2xx. I found out Spal supplies the fan and could get one direct for $125. I then found that Spal outsources that simple 9" fan from a Chinese company. Bought if directly from them for $28 shipped to my door.

Now my big beef is that I am not against someone or company making a profit. My beef is that it should be something like 500% per item.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have an 06 500 sportsman and want to do the bearings. Is that part number for front and rear??
It doesn't look like it's for either. I'm not sure what bearing he referenced. :thinking:

Speaking of dealer mark ups---why is a thermostat $50? What a crock!

·
Registered
27 Posts
The polaris hub bearings are a rip off basically. they cost about $24 a piece depaending on how crooked your poalris dealer is. However the brand of the bearing from polaris is Timken and the number is L44643 and You can order these bearings for $3.35 a piece from dixie chopper and $3.50 a piece from grainger as oppsed to $24 from polaris. the more you order the cheaper it is.
your local harley stores should ahve dixie chopper and grainger can be found in most hardware stores. i will gladly get anyone bearings who needs them through paypal.
What is the polaris oem #?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts