Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, being that I ride alone most times, maybe i'll avoid a lift, and just add some rubber.

What size are you running? Clutch kit? Got pics?

·
Registered
175 Posts
My 550XP sporting 30" Monster Mayhems. My 850 will get them once I have finished installing the QSC Clutch Kit.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
^^ Those look tight in there!

With my HL springs, I am pretty sure I could fit 30's no problem!

But for me the 27's seem to be a nice size tire for trail riding with occasional mud. and DEFINATELY a clutch kit. You are not doing anything on your machine justice by NOT having one!

·
Registered
175 Posts
^^ Those look tight in there!

With my HL springs, I am pretty sure I could fit 30's no problem!

But for me the 27's seem to be a nice size tire for trail riding with occasional mud. and DEFINATELY a clutch kit. You are not doing anything on your machine justice by NOT having one!
I have 1" of clearance. They don't rub at all. I didn't lift because I don't want more stress on the axles. The clutch kit will go on Wednesday when my clutch pulled shows. The secondary is already off. I have a HD belt as well.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I'm running Innova Mud Gear tires 27x9x12 fronts and 27x12x12 for rears on 12" ITP ss212's.
No lift no clutch kit and it runs like a raped ape!
800 miles on them and they're like new!

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
You don't need to pull the clutch to put the kit in. Just take off the primary cover and swap out spring and weights. FYI the 30"+ tire kit for the 50 is the same as the 26" kit, so you can run either size with it. No need to wait in the tires to put the kit in. Not going to be much of a performer in high with those big tires, but TONS of fun with the stock ones.

Love the look of the monsters on that 550!

·
Registered
155 Posts
27" bighorns (they run big. About 28" with 7psi if I remember correct).
Nice trail tires. Not the biggest but...

No clutch kit. Just a dalton primary spring (Its a bit jerky on takeoff but).

Attachments

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Wow!! I like the look of the full wheel wells.

I think I will go with 27" Radial reptiles, no bigger then that, eh? Should give me more ground clearance too, eh? Still running the stock 489's.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I have 27 in Rip Saws on our 850 touring. The rears rub on a 1/4 in spot in the inside lugs. It only rubs on big bumps. I could use a die grinder on the metal brace but I think it will wear in as the tires wear down. I have pics but can't seem to get them loaded here.

·
Registered
361 Posts
My 27's gave me 2" of lift over tbe stock tires.
Here's a pic of the 27's on the front with the stocks on the rear. Made a big difference!

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My 27's gave me 2" of lift over tbe stock tires.
Here's a pic of the 27's on the front with the stocks on the rear. Made a big difference!

Thank you. Being that I really do not want to replace axles just because, think I will go with bigger tires, and forget the lift.

This should solve any problems of beingf high centered too.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
29.5's with no lift. Just HD springs.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
My 27" Black Diamonds added about 2" of clearance for me as well. No lift.

·
Registered
434 Posts
lost cause your sig says RD 2" lift

i have 27" zillas only rubbing is one of the bolts for my fender flairs only does it iff i have a pass now that i have HD springs

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
27" tires w-pre sets cranked full...No lift, No clutch kit and No broken parts. Bike tops out at 95-100kph.Lost 10-20kph off the top end but 90% of my usage is in low gear at/around 10-20kph.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
lost cause your sig says RD 2" lift

i have 27" zillas only rubbing is one of the bolts for my fender flairs only does it iff i have a pass now that i have HD springs
The photo I posted is one of before I had the 2" lift. With the 29.5's there is some rubbing in the front, but they do fit. I can see where the fender flares could be an issue though. Probably rip them off when you turn.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts